PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Since I've been seeing a few "clutter" posts that suggests that people aren't exactly sure what this thead is for, let me put it simply...

This thread is a collaboration effort to find the apply a fix to the ability to send and receive MMS thru the HTC messaging client for TF3D2.5 (the version of manila from the Leo aka HD2)

The intent of this thread is NOT to disable HTC messaging...NOR is it to JUST send pics thru other means...

End state will allow TF3D2.5 users to send pictures OR other MMS by tapping on the respective icons on the messaging screen, choose the photo, HTC messaging app resizes and sends as it was intended for the LEO.

So far as I've read thru Verizon, Telus has been made to work. Folks are still racking their brains to get Sprint's working. So if you're helping please stay on topic.

Thanks!!!

mods: please change the title of this thread since I forgot to make it more specific when I opened this thread. I actually don't know how to go and update the title.

Last edited by amw1972; 01-06-2010 at 05:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KW TP is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

I'm glad someone that is talented enough to figure this out is working on it. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker

if u want help from my end im verizon pm me and we can talk
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

It is very hard for me to believe that someone from here or XDA has not figured this out yet.

Of course the HTC app is so laggy with our current processors maybe it doesn't really matter..........

~John
Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
So...we have yet to be able to send MMS directly out from the native messaging app out of manila. When I was running R3 and R4 of Juicy's ROM...there were a couple of folks that may have been on the right track...but I'm not sure if it was ever followed up. There is really too many 'geekers here with awesome talent to NOT be able to figure this thing out...so...here is my contribution...and maybe we can lick thing once and for all...

I think a reg entry of interest is the following...

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>MMS>>Profile>> CDMA

in that entry...there is a key for IPAddress that is left blank...I have every other value entered much like what we have our Arcsoft is set up for...

gateway: 80
MMSCURL: http://mms.sprint.com/servlets/mms

reason why I think this is THE reg entry that matters is that when I changed the Sendlimit value from 300 to 1024....the send limit in the native HTC messaging app attachement tab changed its limit to 1000. Considering that I've entered the proper port and the url for mms...I think that IPAddress key value may have something to do with HTC messaging app sending out MMS.

Also of note, if you follow the reg entry to:

HKLM>>SOFTWARE>>Jataayu>>Messaging>>Network

there sits a key for MMSPreferredNetwork. The value is set at 1. What that value turns the mms preferred network to...I'm not sure. I'm almost certain if we find that entry is being pointed we'll be that much further to enabling MMS in the native HTC messaging.

This is all trial and error results...so pls bear with me...

Bone stock, my MMS send and receive works perfectly.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Good luck with this!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
Are you using the HTC Messaging client for MMS or Arcsoft interface? No matter what I tried as far as registry settings went, I never got the data connection to activate when sending the mms using htc messaging client.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Of course the HTC app is so laggy with our current processors maybe it doesn't really matter..........

~John
1)only laggy if you keep save all your messages, but 4 what/why you'd do this...
2)i beg/ sure many others beg to differ... IT MATTERS 2 ME AND I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY 1!

OP... keep up what your doing, share an i'll help/try to confirm... as i'm sure many others would be greatful.

thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
1)only laggy if you keep save all your messages,
That is not true at all.

I never save any messages & I certainly don't restore any after a ROM flash, but all you have to do is get into an extended conversation with one person & it will start to lag to where you want to stop in the middle & empty your inbox.

I found what it to me the perfect solution for now. I disable the HTT app & then use Vito SMS-Chat for texting (fast as hell, no lag etc)

I then use ArcSoft for MMS & i'm good to go (Juicy R3).

~John
Old 12-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
yeah are you running a rom with htc sense with the weather in the clock? if no then you WONT have this problem.

wanna know how i fix this problem? just get of stupid manila sms program. i hate it its so slow and laggy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2