PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: 5TH SPRINT REPLACEMENT... WHAT DO I DO???

Yeah, if you get 5 phones all with the same issue, then it's 99% likely you're doing something wrong, or else you just don't understand how to use the device. Sell it & get a flip phone, dude.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am on phone number 3. The first over heated to the point of freezing and the USB port was exceedingly loose. #2 was returned within 1 week due to an exceedingly loose USB port and #3 has heated up twice. I run the stock ROM, stopped using FlexMail and it still gets hot on occasion. It really can be the phone. The first over heated and killed the battery regardless of what it was doing. The 3rd one has over heated twice while sitting on the charger. I have 2 batteries and each one has over heated. I will move on with something like the Sprint Moment if this one gets any worse.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

I should keep quiet since yesterday I got a cpl post deleted of mine buuuutt look at his post history of the last cpl months....
cough, scammer tryin to get a free upgrade to the TP2 , cough

I wanna guess he has a TP/Mogul not a TP2....
I know the TP has issues personally but don't abuse the system....
The Tp most likely will falter, I went through three with three different problems in 7 months.....

If he had a Tp2 he could:

1)sell it and by whatever phone of his liking stay with carrier
break even on TP2 buying/selling price

2)sell it and change carriers
if there is an etf, OP will come up short but atleast he/ll get freedom of carrier and phone
His last sentence said he jus wanted ap hone that works...right

3)Just an assumption but I'm sure if he had a TP2, Sprint heck maybe even Verizon would be happy to take it off his hands and give him a different device since all of Sprint's phones are cheaper, unsure about Verizon phone prices.....

Just an educated opinion, if its wrong sorry OP unlikely, if I'm right sorry for feeding the troll
Old 12-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Thx for all the great suggestions everyone. im just now replying because i calld sprint like 15x right after i posted this... first off, its not a tp2 i keep having problems with. i posted here because i did a exchange on my pro for a instinct s30 (stupid choice) and these are the problems i had due to making that desicion... the s30 gave me these problems completely stock, rite out the box, the same way i got it from sprint, i havent added/customized anything... long story short, after 4 hours of nicely talking to supervisors some1 finally did something for me. they said it was obvious i am having serious problems and would get me into a diff fone. i was told that several times but no one actually did it until now... i was offered an extra $150 off any phone i want but have to use my upgrade. thats better than 'we cant do anything else for you, take it to a store, or just buy another fone'. there isnt a sprint store around for 100+ miles and they still tried to tell me i had no choice but to take it to a store... and i wasnt looking to get a free fone as some1 stated, if u went through 4 fones all with similar freezing issues and when u go to activate your 5th replacement, take it out of the box, turn it on, and notice its freezing before you can even get it activated, what would you have done?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So then whats your point in posting in the TP2 section? What does this have to do with a touch pro 2.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

why did you post your question in the TP2 forum?
sorry Mikkeeee Jonnnessss already asked that while typing my reply....
yesterday you posted stating you were on your 3rd replacement, today your on your 5th???

i/ve heard instinct have freezing probs but how could you tell right out the box without even running it?....lol

Last edited by MinLo; 12-11-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

some of you guys.... I dunno man. I feel this guys pain. I am on Verizon and I too had to go thru five phones... yeah... FIVE Touch Pro 2's, before they finally got me one that worked without issues. However, in my case they were different issues, and I think this was exacerbated by the fact that two of the replacements were "certified like new", which is a joke.

1st phone - New - worked great for about 3 weeks, then I notice the keyboard feels funny, keys in the lower right corner are making a crinkling sound like celophane and becoming less and less responsive. Glue strip holding the keyboard membrane down starts to wear out and the membrane lifts off the plastic. Enter key and right arrow key become almost completely unresponsive

2nd phone - New - severe stuck pixel problem

3rd phone - Certified like new - what a joke, the screen is all scratched up, phone has three stuck pixels, pictures taken with the camera have a weird blue spot that must be a defect in the sensor.... cleaning the lense does nothing

4th phone - Certified like new - first thing I notice is that the little metal 'grill' covering the earpiece is missing, but the screen is flawless, no scratches or stuck pixels, so I figure no big deal I'll live without it. Then I call 611 to activate the phone.... and come to find the earpiece speaker is completely blown. Also, the volume down key is flat... it cannot be pressed at all with the back cover on

I am so pissed that they can call these certified like new.... I mean what the hell. Anyways, after I called and spoke with a manager, they offered me the Droid or the Imagio, I said no way, so they sent me another new touch pro. I think it's been close to two months now I've had it, and other than one hard to spot stuck pixel in the corner, it is so far working flawlessly, and I am happy.

Anyways... give the guy a break... he may really just be unlucky.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
some of you guys.... I dunno man. I feel this guys pain. I am on Verizon and I too had to go thru five phones... yeah... FIVE Touch Pro 2's, before they finally got me one that worked without issues. However, in my case they were different issues, and I think this was exacerbated by the fact that two of the replacements were "certified like new", which is a joke.

1st phone - New - worked great for about 3 weeks, then I notice the keyboard feels funny, keys in the lower right corner are making a crinkling sound like celophane and becoming less and less responsive. Glue strip holding the keyboard membrane down starts to wear out and the membrane lifts off the plastic. Enter key and right arrow key become almost completely unresponsive

2nd phone - New - severe stuck pixel problem

3rd phone - Certified like new - what a joke, the screen is all scratched up, phone has three stuck pixels, pictures taken with the camera have a weird blue spot that must be a defect in the sensor.... cleaning the lense does nothing

4th phone - Certified like new - first thing I notice is that the little metal 'grill' covering the earpiece is missing, but the screen is flawless, no scratches or stuck pixels, so I figure no big deal I'll live without it. Then I call 611 to activate the phone.... and come to find the earpiece speaker is completely blown. Also, the volume down key is flat... it cannot be pressed at all with the back cover on

I am so pissed that they can call these certified like new.... I mean what the hell. Anyways, after I called and spoke with a manager, they offered me the Droid or the Imagio, I said no way, so they sent me another new touch pro. I think it's been close to two months now I've had it, and other than one hard to spot stuck pixel in the corner, it is so far working flawlessly, and I am happy.

Anyways... give the guy a break... he may really just be unlucky.
Check his previous posts.....
literally yesterday he posted 3rd replacement phone, today he's on his 5th....
Old 12-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

He prolly forgot to count. You know numeracy is a big problem here in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
Check his previous posts.....
literally yesterday he posted 3rd replacement phone, today he's on his 5th....
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
He prolly forgot to count. You know numeracy is a big problem here in the US.
RoFl....

Especially on the interweb
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2