PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any hope for Google Voice app for WM?

I've been playing with the Google Voice app for Android and it allows you to integrate Google Voice txts just like they were coming via phone (ie they show up in the messaging program) Is there anything like this for WM? It's quite annoying to have to use the mobile interface via web browser to send/receive txts rather then just use the integrated one.

I searched and found the app for WM, but it just basically brings you to the mobile site.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Any hope for Google Voice app for WM?

Do you have any Google Voice invites to hand out?
PM me!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt
I've been playing with the Google Voice app for Android and it allows you to integrate Google Voice txts just like they were coming via phone (ie they show up in the messaging program) Is there anything like this for WM? It's quite annoying to have to use the mobile interface via web browser to send/receive txts rather then just use the integrated one.

I searched and found the app for WM, but it just basically brings you to the mobile site.
+1 i agree!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think there is 2.

1 is free and is all right

1 you pay and is pretty good

both made by people...aka 3rd party
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

If your primary concern is text messages then why don't you just use the WM interface? Make sure you have the option to forward SMS to your cell and they'll come through to your phone just like regular texts. They come in via a proxy 406 number so when you respond the message goes to GV and then to the person so all they see is your GV number. I've been doing this successfully for several months now.

Let me know if I need to explain it further or if I missed the mark entirely or whatever.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
If your primary concern is text messages then why don't you just use the WM interface? Make sure you have the option to forward SMS to your cell and they'll come through to your phone just like regular texts. They come in via a proxy 406 number so when you respond the message goes to GV and then to the person so all they see is your GV number. I've been doing this successfully for several months now.

Let me know if I need to explain it further or if I missed the mark entirely or whatever.

Only problem with that is if you don't have there 406 yet..Then you have to log in or you use onedialer "which is to slow loading" and send them a message....
Old 12-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
Only problem with that is if you don't have there 406 yet..Then you have to log in or you use onedialer "which is to slow loading" and send them a message....
This is true I guess. But in that case you can always use the mobile version from opera to shoot them a quick message and then respond when you get a 406 number.

I still wish there was a GV app, but not so much for texting. I want to be able to change forwarding phones/options on the fly. For instance, I like to set it to forward to email instead of SMS my phone when I tether so the screen doesn't wake up. I also want a better/more cohesive way to dial OUT from my GV number. This is handled beautifully and seamlessly on android, but it's a clunky mess on WM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ciege is just getting started

I've been using gVo from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546336

It works well for my use, and while doesn't have all the bell and whistles is free and has been stable for me.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post

The problem with this is that I'm still getting charged for txts by my carrier. If the phone used data to connect to GV to send/receive txts like going through the web browser does, then I wouldn't have pay for any txts. The main reason I want this so for when I'm in Europe. I pay almost 10 cents a txt on prepaid and only 5 euros for 3GB of data (A LOT more txts for the price). 5 Euros at 10 cents each = 50 txts. 3GB of data = more like 5000 txts. EDIT: I should add this is mainly for txting people back home in the STATES.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 12-11-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Google will get around to releasing an official WM app for GV, eventually. Until then there are very few choices that are free, none of which let you use the texting features. There are a few paid apps but they aren't cheap... and aren't that impressive, especially for what they are charging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2