PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

EvanWasHere is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for Windows Desktop software for viewing threaded SMS

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. From the last 2 years, I have over 14,000 text messages (I had imported it from my Touch, then my Diamond, then my Touch Pro, and finally to my Pro2). It used to be a lot more, but I pruned it down..

The issue is, my phone is VERY slow when I hit the contacts list or go to check my texts.. the phone will literally freeze for 5 seconds or more.. I tried wiping the device and importing, but as soon as I reimport the texts, the same issue arises. Threading also doesn't work, as the device just gets bogged down trying to sort all of them. I have tried doing this a couple of times at night, with no success.

I obviously don't need this many texts on my phone... But I do want to keep an archive of them on my PC. Preferably showing a threaded view.

I know Exchange 2010 will download SMS, but I can't upgrade from Exchange 2007 till DPM 2010 comes out as well (sometime next year).

I have found a couple apps (see links below), but most of them work by working with the live database.. so, nothing permanently downloaded.. And if you try deleting stuff, it needs to redownload everything again.. crashing half the time because of the size of the SMS database. I did find one app, but it doesn't have a threaded view and costs $$. All of them aren't being worked on anymore.

Online is no help either. Dashwire is not showing me any text since April, plus it is closing end of the year. MiQ, is freezing up the phone and the ads are very irritating. Microsoft My Phone shows ALL my texts, but is showing only a few per page (I would need to click a couple thousand pages to clean up the phone). Also, it is not threaded either.

So, if anyone knows a web/desktop app that can show threaded SMS conversations and after editing, you can sync the updated list back to your phone... Plus won't choke on the large amounts of texts.

The stuff I've tried but were no good:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=324684

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/04/...or-laptop.html

http://www.efficasoft.com/mobileexpress/index.html

http://www.synergetechsolutions.com/mobilesmssync.aspx

Last edited by EvanWasHere; 12-10-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Looking for Windows Desktop software for viewing threaded SMS

LOL, 14000 texts.

I'm surprised your phone will run at all.........

~John
Old 12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sexting is addictive.. Now u see why I want to keep these memorable messages. A couple years worth of some of the girls I have dated.

http://www.EvanWasHere.com/New/MyLife/1.html (Not even close to being safe for work)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Ew. Why not try Microsoft MyPhone? I dunno how it handles pics, but I have some threatening texts from my ex backed up like that & they're readable on the computer.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Ew. Why not try Microsoft MyPhone? I dunno how it handles pics, but I have some threatening texts from my ex backed up like that & they're readable on the computer.
As I mentioned earlier, MS MyPhone did work as far as backing up all my texts.. But..
1.) It only shows 15 texts at a time.. So to go through all my 14,148 texts, i would have to scroll through 946 pages (no way to increase # of texts shown on a page).
2.) The messages aren't threaded.

Thanks though!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have found Jeyo Mobile Companion and am testing it our currently. It hasn't hung when I am downloading all the texts... And there is a threaded view you can do for individual people. The only issues I am having with it are:

1.) To edit the texts, such as moving them to folders or deleting them, the phone has to be attached as it is doing it live. I would much rather have everything done offline, and then when completed, it would resynch back to the phone.

2.) When looking at threaded view, I will try and change the colors of either my text or the person's text I am talking to, but this function does not work correctly and colorizes only parts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
desktop sms text threaded