PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Which Opera Browser Are You Using? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101076)

deadwrong03 12-10-2009 10:54 AM

Which Opera Browser Are You Using?

Which version of opera are you guys using and why? Im still on the stock opera 9.5 and considering switching to 9.7, im not sure about the opera 10 version it seems kinda buggy from what i've read (random crashes etc.)

what im looking for is the autorotate feature, the zoom bar on the phone working, being able to use more than 2 tabs, and speed. Are does 9.7 offer these features without any bugs in comparison to the stock 9.5?

what made you switch from 9.5?

Jok3sta 12-10-2009 10:55 AM

Re: Which Opera Browser Are You Using?

im running the opera mini 5 beta 2.. and im not looking back anytime soon. by far the best and the fastest browser ive used so far..

w7excursion 12-10-2009 11:00 AM

OM 10 and mini 4.2. OM 10 never crashes on me and 4.2 doesnt have the pop up keyboard.

deadwrong03 12-10-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 1401880)
OM 10 and mini 4.2. OM 10 never crashes on me and 4.2 doesnt have the pop up keyboard.

does it auto rotate? or have memory issues?

w7excursion 12-10-2009 11:11 AM

I never liked the autorotate cause I always use the keyboard. No it doesnt unless you use gyrator. You get your memory back after closing it if you add the opera 10 exe to the Terminate Process list. I had to do a soft reset to get memory back before that.

jmorton10 12-10-2009 11:44 AM

I have a cab for Opera 9.5 16643 that was tweaked by NFSFAN & I like it so much I use it in every flash I do.

When I went to Juicy's ROM, it had 9.7 & I didn't really like it, so I immediately installed this same cab. One thing I like is, it has the zoom slider on the bottom of the screen. I find this much easier & more accurate than using the default TP2 slider. It auto-rotates & is totally tweaked for extra tabs/increased speed etc etc

I then use Skyfire for flash & Opera Mini for SUPER fast surfing.

~John

deadwrong03 12-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1401991)
I have a cab for Opera 9.5 16643 that was tweaked by NFSFAN & I like it so much I use it in every flash I do.

When I went to Juicy's ROM, it had 9.7 & I didn't really like it, so I immediately installed this same cab. One thing I like is, it has the zoom slider on the bottom of the screen. I find this much easier & more accurate than using the default TP2 slider. It auto-rotates & is totally tweaked for extra tabs/increased speed etc etc

I then use Skyfire for flash & Opera Mini for SUPER fast surfing.

~John

can u post that cab and will that replace my current opera as my default browser? just curious what didnt u like about 9.7?

EDIT: also where can i find a cab of the stock 9.5 in case i dont like any of the other versions i dont like them?

racemepls 12-10-2009 11:55 AM

Mini 5b2 has insane surfing speeds so I use that for surfing. Opera Mobile 9.7 is the quickest and works the best for downloads so I use that. Skyfire has flash which enables me to watch the Penguin's games on atdhe.net so I use that. Is it me or is this just getting absurd?

japper88 12-10-2009 11:57 AM

Opera 9.7 build 35541
I want an Opera browser that has turbo, but that also can use the zoom bar. So far only Opera 9.7 fits the bill...

EDIT: FYI to the OP if you check out this thread at xda they have just about every available build of opera, and it's constantly updated.

jmorton10 12-10-2009 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 1402013)
can u post that cab and will that replace my current opera as my default browser?

Here you go, yes it will become the default.

Try it, if you don't like it uninstall it (back up your system first).

~John