PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Which Opera Browser Are You Using?

Which version of opera are you guys using and why? Im still on the stock opera 9.5 and considering switching to 9.7, im not sure about the opera 10 version it seems kinda buggy from what i've read (random crashes etc.)

what im looking for is the autorotate feature, the zoom bar on the phone working, being able to use more than 2 tabs, and speed. Are does 9.7 offer these features without any bugs in comparison to the stock 9.5?

what made you switch from 9.5?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Which Opera Browser Are You Using?

im running the opera mini 5 beta 2.. and im not looking back anytime soon. by far the best and the fastest browser ive used so far..
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

OM 10 and mini 4.2. OM 10 never crashes on me and 4.2 doesnt have the pop up keyboard.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
OM 10 and mini 4.2. OM 10 never crashes on me and 4.2 doesnt have the pop up keyboard.
does it auto rotate? or have memory issues?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:11 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I never liked the autorotate cause I always use the keyboard. No it doesnt unless you use gyrator. You get your memory back after closing it if you add the opera 10 exe to the Terminate Process list. I had to do a soft reset to get memory back before that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a cab for Opera 9.5 16643 that was tweaked by NFSFAN & I like it so much I use it in every flash I do.

When I went to Juicy's ROM, it had 9.7 & I didn't really like it, so I immediately installed this same cab. One thing I like is, it has the zoom slider on the bottom of the screen. I find this much easier & more accurate than using the default TP2 slider. It auto-rotates & is totally tweaked for extra tabs/increased speed etc etc

I then use Skyfire for flash & Opera Mini for SUPER fast surfing.

~John
Old 12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have a cab for Opera 9.5 16643 that was tweaked by NFSFAN & I like it so much I use it in every flash I do.

When I went to Juicy's ROM, it had 9.7 & I didn't really like it, so I immediately installed this same cab. One thing I like is, it has the zoom slider on the bottom of the screen. I find this much easier & more accurate than using the default TP2 slider. It auto-rotates & is totally tweaked for extra tabs/increased speed etc etc

I then use Skyfire for flash & Opera Mini for SUPER fast surfing.

~John
can u post that cab and will that replace my current opera as my default browser? just curious what didnt u like about 9.7?

EDIT: also where can i find a cab of the stock 9.5 in case i dont like any of the other versions i dont like them?

Last edited by deadwrong03; 12-10-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Mini 5b2 has insane surfing speeds so I use that for surfing. Opera Mobile 9.7 is the quickest and works the best for downloads so I use that. Skyfire has flash which enables me to watch the Penguin's games on atdhe.net so I use that. Is it me or is this just getting absurd?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Opera 9.7 build 35541
I want an Opera browser that has turbo, but that also can use the zoom bar. So far only Opera 9.7 fits the bill...

EDIT: FYI to the OP if you check out this thread at xda they have just about every available build of opera, and it's constantly updated.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

Last edited by japper88; 12-10-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
can u post that cab and will that replace my current opera as my default browser?
Here you go, yes it will become the default.

Try it, if you don't like it uninstall it (back up your system first).

~John
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera 9.5 Build 16643 .cab (4.23 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2