PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
So long, Farewell....

Well guys, I just got out of my 2 year new contract (Not even a month in!) Sprint found my signal to be lower than it should and let me go for freeee!

I am going to Droid on Verizon. I thought about it today, and was kind of sad. I started with a Motorola Q, Palm Treo 800w, Diamond, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2. I've been a WM fanboy for a few years now. I am hoping I am making the right choice. If not, I will gladly go back to the Touch Pro 2.

Thanks for everything in the WM community! I wish all of you the best in your endeavors!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: So long, Farewell....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xconwayx View Post
Well guys, I just got out of my 2 year new contract (Not even a month in!) Sprint found my signal to be lower than it should and let me go for freeee!

I am going to Droid on Verizon. I thought about it today, and was kind of sad. I started with a Motorola Q, Palm Treo 800w, Diamond, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2. I've been a WM fanboy for a few years now. I am hoping I am making the right choice. If not, I will gladly go back to the Touch Pro 2.

Thanks for everything in the WM community! I wish all of you the best in your endeavors!

Best of luck. I know some will be mad hearing someone leave because that shows the waning support for WM, but it's more important to do what makes you happy, so I wish you the best of luck. (Nice long sentence).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

should go to ATT to get all the unlocked europe phones!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't think people will be mad. His post was sincere and was honest. He isn't saying that the TP2 was bad or anything. It coverage just wasn't there, totally out of his control.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I'll miss your avatar, damn thing cracked me up everytime i saw it.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Hey Conway,

Just my two cent but did you ever look into the Airave or is it your area in whole that has a weak signal? I'm a Sprint Corp tech and we see the issue EVERYDAY!! We just show-n-tell the Airave, tell'em they have 30 days to try it out and see how it works for them. We may get 1 out of 5 returned and thats mainly cause they just wanted out of the contract period.

Maybe you do/don't know, but if you dont, it works off you existing hi-speed ISP connection using one of the ports. Basically, you'll have your own personal Sprint tower in your home. Also it'll allow 3 users to connect at one time, pricing info at link below. But this is only for voice services(calls and vm's), SMS/MMS/E-Mail data only if you have a 1x/Ev signal.

The unit itself is $99
http://www.nextel.com/en/services/airave/index.shtml

Again just my two cent, hope this helps anyone that may have/had similar issues and wasn't quite sure on what to do.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hope you like droid.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

welll this is good hopefully you can come and give a good review not unbiased lol as owning both phones.good luck
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Dude. Weak. At least hang out with us once in a while :/

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I went and got the Droid the day it came out (Nov 6th)
and its a really good device but after 27 days I started panicing, I was already getting bored with it and was fixin to be stuck with it for 2 years.
So last friday I took it back and ordered my new TP2 online.
I dont regret my decision in the least! and as an added bonus for some reason, by ordering it online the total purchase including overnight shipping only came up to $168.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2