PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

zipxavier is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best video player/encoding settings for TP2

I will be receiving my Touch Pro 2 and I am very excited as I am coming from the Mogul so it will be a serious upgrade. I've been reading various posts on this and other fourms about the topic. The general consensus is that Coreplayer is the best player for any videos, yet I've also read that disabling TouchFLO is the only way to get decent playback.

I've been using the standard Titanium build on my Mogul for a bit now so I'm willing to make that sacrifice for performance.

So my two actual questions are - Which player really has the best performance on the TP2.

Also, what are you guys using for resolution on your mobile videos, both 16x9 and 4:3 if anyone has experience, what format (h264, xvid, wmv) and what bitrate seems to work the best as well. I would love to watch some Curb Your Enthusiasm and South Park on the go on that beautiful screen. I generally have used http://www.autogk.me.uk/ for my XviD converting as its free and efficient. If H264 turns out to be the better option, what program would be your recommendation for conversion. Paid or free, I'm just looking for a solid easy to use solution with batch support.

Sorry if that was all jumbled, I've just been trying to do all of my research in advance so when that beast finally arrives I can quickly make it customized and ready to go my needs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Best video player/encoding settings for TP2

I just tested coreplayer on my TP2 running wm6.5 with titanium on. It did NOT suffer the same quality issues present as with manila on.

FYI if you stay with the stock wm6.1 rom with touchflo 3d you won't have any issues using coreplayer. The problems only happen with wm6.5 rom with manila (2.1/2.5).

Coreplayer costs $30 but it's worth it because it can easily play the kind of xvid files you have without needing to do any kind of converting etc. You can just put the file on your storage card and play!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

zipxavier is just getting started
Re: Best video player/encoding settings for TP2

Appreciate the info, I was looking to put indagroove's Titanium build on there as it already and hearing that just sealed the deal. I've got Coreplayer ready to put on my TP2 if it would just arrive already!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2