PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I upgrade

I currently have a vogue and was wondering what all you touch pro2 users think, that use to have a vogue, is it worth the upgrade to the tp2. I mainly use my phone for tethering. Does the tp2 allow for tether safe.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Should I upgrade

The TP2 is definitately worth the upgrade. I can't even begin to list all the improvements over the vogue. Yes it allows for tether safety and MM ROMS already have it cooked in by default.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Besides the better and bigger screen, more memory, a hardware keyboard, better interface all I can say is, Buy it.
Tethering is safe for Sprint users for now.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Does the screen auto rotate, or only when the keyboard is pulled out. I was playing with one, and it only rotated when I opened the keyboard.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

it doesn't rotate on all programs automatically, but there is software out there for that. the tp2 is definitely an upgrade over the vogue. the screen reminds me of my vogue, but of course bigger.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

I would recommend the upgrade, I loved my TP2.. Tethering safe and it can auto-rotate with programs like Gyro2.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Just not sure if I should use my upgrade now or wait for the touch 2. Hopefully it is coming to sprint.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

The TP2 gets a larger battery and a slideout keyboard. Where the Diamond2 gets a 5mp camera and a slimmer form factor.
I would rather have a keyboard and better battery life. Chose what's best for you.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Just not sure if I should use my upgrade now or wait for the touch 2. Hopefully it is coming to sprint.
I do feel sorry for people in your situation (I can't live without my keyboard but i know everyone isn't like me), because sprint has given no insight as to when they will have a wvga non keyboard device. hopefully sprint is waiting for the hd 2 then they will be back in the game.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Zammer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Zammer

I moved to the TP2 due to my own unfortunate demise of my Vogue, and glad that I did.
This is way more stable, can tether with it, and better screen.

My old vogue was forever crashing apps, this one drags when loaded with running apps, but has not crashed. I recommend this over the 6900 for sure!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2