PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there a "thumbstick" emulator? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100733)

New Daddy 12-08-2009 03:11 PM

Is there a "thumbstick" emulator?

I love my new TP2, but there are certain things that I miss about my old XV6700.
The thumbstick is a good example.
Yes, you can pan the screen with your finger, but a thumbstick lets you do other things more precisely, like going down the list and selecting something you want.
Speaking of which, is there an app that designates a part of the screen to emulate thumbstick?

strra 12-08-2009 03:37 PM

Re: Is there a "thumbstick" emulator?

by "thumbstick" do you mean the dpad (like on the touch and touch pro)?
if so, try this
it's supposed to turn your scroll bar into a virtual dpad

*edit* oh hell, dead link. let me see if i can find another
*edit2* link updated

chas123 12-08-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1396753)
by "thumbstick" do you mean the dpad (like on the touch and touch pro)?
if so, try this
it's supposed to turn your scroll bar into a virtual dpad

*edit* oh hell, dead link. let me see if i can find another
*edit2* link updated

The cab in that link doesn't work and is uninstallable. You can remove it from the list of installed programs, install the one found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578420,
and the uninstall it if you wish.

Pretty cool though.

kabuk1 12-08-2009 04:31 PM

Does anyone know a way to make this function as an actual d pad? I can only get it to scroll.

Spiderman313 12-08-2009 05:18 PM

use TouchPal.

quick99si 12-08-2009 05:28 PM

I missed the 6700's thumbstick left/right accuracy when I got my Mogul, and I missed all those hardware buttons when I got my Touch Pro. The general movement toward a touchscreen-only PPC isn't sitting well with me. Please forward this news to HTC.

The TP2 would be great with some kind of directional buttons... mounted somewhere, anywhere but the keyboard :(

New Daddy 12-08-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1397070)
use TouchPal.

Is that supposed to do what a thumbstick or Dpad does?
I checked it out on its developer's website, but it doesn't look remotely like a thumbstick emulator.

WhiteBlazer01 12-08-2009 09:58 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si
I missed the 6700's thumbstick left/right accuracy when I got my Mogul, and I missed all those hardware buttons when I got my Touch Pro. The general movement toward a touchscreen-only PPC isn't sitting well with me. Please forward this news to HTC.

The TP2 would be great with some kind of directional buttons... mounted somewhere, anywhere but the keyboard :(

I think the new movement is towards an optical mouse d-pad. But yea, as much as I love my TP2, I don't care much for a touchscreen only device. I like some hardware buttons.

bullhead00 12-08-2009 10:16 PM

I wish HTC would've added a directional ball to the TP2 like they did on the ERIS. That would've been perfect.

Spiderman313 12-08-2009 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by New Daddy (Post 1397874)
Is that supposed to do what a thumbstick or Dpad does?
I checked it out on its developer's website, but it doesn't look remotely like a thumbstick emulator.

Its an on screen keyboard, but on the keyboard there is an option to have the 4 way pad but on screen.