PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jambaj0e is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Choppy video playback on Coreplayer w/ 6.5.x ROMs?

Hey everyone,
Ever since I went to a 6.5.1+ Roms (currently on EnergyRom Leo 6.5.3 Dec 4th), I noticed that Coreplayer lags considerably when HTC Sense/Manila is running. Once I turn it off, Coreplayer plays nice again.

This is using QTV on a fresh reboot. Any fix to this?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Choppy video playback on Coreplayer w/ 6.5.x ROMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
Hey everyone,
Ever since I went to a 6.5.1+ Roms (currently on EnergyRom Leo 6.5.3 Dec 4th), I noticed that Coreplayer lags considerably when HTC Sense/Manila is running. Once I turn it off, Coreplayer plays nice again.

No fix & the video out doesn't work with the newer ROM's either (blue flashing problem again)

I have a TON of DVD rips that are h.264 (mp4) files. Using the stock VZ ROM Core worked perfectly.

Now, using Juicy R3 with manila 2.5 CP is basically worthless to me. I use video out every day & I have had to go back to playing movies with either Album or WMP for now...........(those two give perfect playback so I guess its not the end of the world, certainly annoying however)

~John
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Lightbulb Re: Choppy video playback on Coreplayer w/ 6.5.x ROMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
Hey everyone,

I didn't believe you at first but I just confirmed what you experienced. I'm on the same rom, using CorePlayer 1.3.6 to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in full screen mode (not optimized for mobile viewing). Here are the benchmark results for the first 60 seconds:

Manila 2.5 enabled: 66% speed
Manila 2.5 disabled: 104% speed

As you might imagine, the it's basically unwatchable with Sense enabled whereas 104% is enough to play the show without frames dropping.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

No fix. It's something about how manila uses resources. Someone created a script that shuts off manila and opens coreplayer and turns manila back on when you exit core player (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52).
You just need MortScript for it to work.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thanx to john cursing my phone, i had the"blue fliker" lastnight using tv out. lol this was on mm new build, switched sdcards to my other tp running juggs beta 2.1 and it didnt do it, very strange.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thanx to john cursing my phone, i had the"blue fliker" lastnight using tv out. .
LOL, that's annoying as hell -isn't it??

I thought this problem was FINALLY gone for good when the last couple versions of CP worked so perfectly with the stock Sprint & Verizon ROM's.

Then, I flashed to MightyROM & the problem came back worse than ever......(I'm not blaming the ROM, it has done it with every custom TP2 ROM that I've tried)

~John
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, that's annoying as hell -isn't it??

I thought this problem was FINALLY gone for good when the last couple versions of CP worked so perfectly with the stock Sprint & Verizon ROM's.

Then, I flashed to MightyROM & the problem came back worse than ever......(I'm not blaming the ROM, it has done it with every custom TP2 ROM that I've tried)

~John
It's 6.5+Manila... Hopefully Coreplayer come out with an update...
Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
It's 6.5+Manila... Hopefully Coreplayer come out with an update...
but its the first time it did it to me on 6.5, and it worked fine on the other tp2 with 6.5 and 2.1, same movie too. (still think it was john) lol
Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
but its the first time it did it to me on 6.5, and it worked fine on the other tp2 with 6.5 and 2.1, same movie too. (still think it was john) lol
LOL! Darren you were the only one who had Coreplayer working perfectly on your 6.5+2.1 phone too!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
LOL! Darren you were the only one who had Coreplayer working perfectly on your 6.5+2.1 phone too!
well johs working on it now so i cant, see, hes offline sticking another pin in his voodoo tp2 doll with my name on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2