PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

FrodoGT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No GPS lock whatsoever

So to preface my dillemma here guys. Also my first post after lurking for a loooong time with my original Touch im finally back after suffering through a blackberry curve.

Received my Verizon TP2 a few days ago and immediately fell in love, everything works so well...except the GPS. Now ive been through gps woes with my last htc but that was flashed etc...

I have location ON, I have run quickgps, and I still can leave the phone for upwards of 20 minutes (if the program allows it) and have 0 sattelites, no lock, not even close. I have tried Windows live, Bing (same thing really), Google maps, and trapster, none of them can achieve a lock. Settings in the programs allow windows control over the gps, no com specified or anything like that.

What annoys me is that the phone is bone stock, I haven't modified a damn thing yet. I initally toyed with immediately flashing a new rom/radio to try and remedy the problem but the phone works so well that id hate to lose one function to gain another. Id like to enjoy the phone as-is for a bit, but the gps is one of those key features that you expect to work on your brand new phone.

Also Ive tried locking at night, in the day, on the road, diff locations, diff weather etc. No dice.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: No GPS lock whatsoever

Sounds like a round trip to the nearest Verizon store is in order. Get it replaced and test that sucker as you step out the door. Unless you really like headaches..
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FrodoGT is a n00b

Apparently I do..because no store in the regional area stocks it. I had to have it shipped.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JasonL is just getting started

I had problems with my TP, and called tech support. they activated vz navigator, which worked so I knew it wasnt a hardware problem, then had them immediately remove it. Ended up finding a cab that fixed it. PPST2.01 I think
Dont know it it would work on a TP2 though
Attached Files
File Type: cab PPST2.01.CAB (434.3 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FrodoGT is a n00b

Well it's worth a shot..even though that was back when verizon finally unlocked the gps on the TP. The TP2 is supposed ot be unlocked to start. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FrodoGT is a n00b

Well the cab didnt work, nor did flashing to an energy rom, or mighty rom (awesome freaking rom). i didnt figure they would but it was worth a try. at least everything else is running 100%. i guess its time to reflash and relock the phone...and take it in. i figured my first non-second hand phone would be trouble free.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FrodoGT is a n00b

Well after going into the store and having them put me on the line with tech support. Then spending 30 mins for them to tell me what I already know, they are shipping me a new phone.

Almost wish I hadnt have been so absolutely anal about keeping the phone spotless now, hope the new one doesn't get those streaks next to the keyboard from sliding.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2