PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

nirvanafreak919 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down us cellular---- very upset with them

I recently bought a touch pro 2 (november 24th) a very cool phone i might add. For some reason i was having tons of problems with internet and making calls. When i connect to anything that would use internet EV would go away, and i would constantly get 1X. I called there customer service number about this, and they did the average fixes (pull out battery, provisioning, blah blah) i tried to explain to the lady this wasnt the fix i needed. I told her that my phone is still within the 30 days that i want to switch it out for a new one.She told me that "i bought my phone at a bad time, considering we are sold out in our stores and our warehouse" So basicly what she was saying is since they are all sold it, its first come first serve, therefore i cannot switch it out if they do not have one within 30 days. After literally an hour and a half argueing with this lady about giving me a raincheck, i asked her to put me to her boss. Naturally the supervisor said the same thing, and said he would take 50 dollars off my bill for my inconvenience. Which absouluetly does not help my problem at all. I told the man when i buy your most expensive phone id expect it to work. After another 45 minutes i said forget it, ill bring it into a tech at one of my local stores. The technician said he doesnt know what the problem is and told me to send it out to HTC for a manufacturers warranty. now i am stuck with my touch pro 1 for 6 weeks till wether mine or a new one comes back.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
Re: us cellular---- very upset with them

Yeah, giving away hundreds of those phone and still technically being sold out isn't a good thing for a company.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Different carrier, same crap.

Many people went through this same thing with Verizon. They eventually caved and realized they would still have to replace phones with problems after the 30 days, due to lack of availability for a while.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work

i had that problem when i first got my tp2. called tech support he fund out my checking the setting that the guy from the store didnt set it up correctly. after he did a couple things mine runs evdo all the time. runs 1x on calls or texting but that cant be helped.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: US Cellular

Popasmurf is a n00b

I've seen about 5 or 6 phones with this same issue all purchased during the Black Friday sales period. The fix was to call Tech support and they indicated that the phones were not provisioned correctly in AAA. Not sure if that helps, but I would call back and press the issue if I were you.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: uscellular

swampthing is a n00b

Ok, i'm not going to speak for us cellular as a company, this is me speaking as a private businessman who happens to also be a us cellular agent. Being an agent means i am a private business that sells us cellular. nothing i am about to give you is private information, or should be taken as me speaking for US Cellular.

The disclaimer out of the way. US Cell ran a 4 day sale over the thanksgiving weekend. It was the first sale of this type that they have ever ran. We as a business and them as a company had no idea what to expect volume wise. We as a store ordered what we thought was way way more than what we would need for those 4 days. We were almost entirely sold out by 11 am saturday morning. There is no way we could have anticipated that. The Retail us cellular store 30 miles from us had 3 hour waits just to get a phone. This was the case i know over most of iowa.

So how does this affect you? Well first off i don't think that the HTC phones have been big sellers for US cellular in the first place so i know they didn't order a ton. Secondly i know the touch pros were sold out over most of northeast iowa at least the first day as i was taking tons of calls from people looking for this phone and everyone was allready sold out. Thirdly, HTC themselves may have them on backorder as well.

All of these factors made supply extremely tight and i currently don't think i have an ETA when the touch pro 2 will be in stock again. I would suggest calling back into CS and stating that you have a defective phone and that you know supply is tight but would like to ensure that you can do your 30 day return once phones come in stock. Blaming us cellular in this case is a pretty one sided view of the situation as quite a few other factors are at fault here as well. The sale was just way more successful than any of us thought and the Touch pro 2 sold way way more than anyone predicted.

Now that said, you may have a programming error as someone else had mentioned BUT, i would say that's highly unlikely since the HTC programming is EXTREMELY simplistic. There is only 3 lines there, one for you CTN one for your secondary number if it doesn't match your CTN and then your home SID number. nothing there to screw up.

The ONLY provisioning for this phone is to dial *228

There is nothing in the programming but those 3 lines.

If you post your ESN for your phone or PM it to me i can give you the lock code to access the programming, but unless we access your us cell account we won't know if your ctn matches, but i suspect they do or you'd have problems calling.

Last edited by swampthing; 12-07-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

that sucks
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

Easton7 is a n00b

I had the same problem...well kind off. I bought the tp2 on the 25th and couldn't get it to connect half the time to my email. One time it would let me send only another time it would only let me receive...now I think I have it doing both but not sure. I also had problems with the battery going dead within 2-3 hours with hardly any use. I really mean any...maybe 10 text messages and a 5 minute call. Then a few days later when people would call me it wouldn't ring, it only showed me they were calling...same with sms/mms. We did all the tech support crap and nothing. The lady on the phone stated for me to call back in a few days to have them ship me one on the 15th day because they can't send out phones within the 15 days because you can just go to the store and swope out. I said all of the stores are out. she said that is the rule. So I called back on day 15 and they were like we cant do that we don't have any. They ended up putting a note on my account stating that when they get some I get one of them....now I have updated my phone with other stuff today to see if that will help. If it does I will keep it. I am not redownloading all this custamized crap again! I finally got a phone that allows me to be me - for the most part. I am very new at this. Only found out about this customized stuff Friday night and have done nothing but try and figure out this whole new world. I have no idea what I am doing or how I do it but most of it seems to be working....I hope. I did download the new mightrom.mnb version and some other trinkets like battery viewer, personalization and others...not sure what else.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe it has something to do with the actual USCellular Drivers and/Radio version that it comes with.

Since Chefs started adopting the USC drivers set for CDMA phones, in the kitchens, there's been reports of data going from EVDO to 1X, and getting stuck very often. This never occurred on previous releases
Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanafreak919 View Post
I recently bought a touch pro 2 (november 24th) a very cool phone i might add. For some reason i was having tons of problems with internet and making calls. When i connect to anything that would use internet EV would go away, and i would constantly get 1X. I called there customer service number about this, and they did the average fixes (pull out battery, provisioning, blah blah) i tried to explain to the lady this wasnt the fix i needed. I told her that my phone is still within the 30 days that i want to switch it out for a new one.She told me that "i bought my phone at a bad time, considering we are sold out in our stores and our warehouse" So basicly what she was saying is since they are all sold it, its first come first serve, therefore i cannot switch it out if they do not have one within 30 days. After literally an hour and a half argueing with this lady about giving me a raincheck, i asked her to put me to her boss. Naturally the supervisor said the same thing, and said he would take 50 dollars off my bill for my inconvenience. Which absouluetly does not help my problem at all. I told the man when i buy your most expensive phone id expect it to work. After another 45 minutes i said forget it, ill bring it into a tech at one of my local stores. The technician said he doesnt know what the problem is and told me to send it out to HTC for a manufacturers warranty. now i am stuck with my touch pro 1 for 6 weeks till wether mine or a new one comes back.
well, idk if this helps you or not but im pretty sure that date, texts, and phone calls always resort to 1X...it has something to do with the radio...if im not mistaking, US cellular is a cdma phone and thats just how they work...its kind of like how on att&t you can talk on the phone and surf the internet at the same time (that being because they are GSM)...idk if this helps or even if its 100% accurate...just thought id give it a shot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2