PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Music player for the TP2

What do you guys feel is the best MP3 Player?

I have been using S2P because it works great with S2U2. I hope in my car and then plug in the headphone jack and my music just plays. It however does not us the MP3 tag info for organizing the music and its a total mess.

I use Nitrogen for my audiobooks, I dont mess with it for anything else, just want it to remember last location.

I really am looking for a nice finger friendly MP3 player that uses MP3 Tagging info.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Best Music player for the TP2

i don't know why, but wmp gets knocked and i've been using it for years and never had problems.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i don't know why, but wmp gets knocked and i've been using it for years and never had problems.
hmm I think you can skin that right? Your still stuck with that microscopic music selector window though, need something a bit more finger friendly (correct me if im wrong).
Old 12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

true, it's not very pretty to look at or is finger friendly, but it always works for me lol. i put on a song, the screen goes black, and i'm off! it pauses for calls, then resumes when the call is done. i don't use the tf3d one at all.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I know you only use Nitrogen for audio books, but it's very finger friendly. Version 1.2 is great. I use it, and can listen to it through my bluetooth headphones.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

Last edited by japper88; 12-07-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nitrogen...defnitely!

Just have to setup your albums/playlist by folders on your SD card and you're good to go. Not quite ready to take over the duties as a dedicated MP3 player yet...but defnitely getting there!

I like it much much more that WMP...defintiely more finger friendly...PLUS a slew of skins to be had...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ya, i just want to use nitrogen to handle audio books. It does not seem to organize music by the mp3 tags though either.

Do any programs on WM do that? I have spent countless hours setting this up in Media Monekey but every program wants to go by folder structure and file name for organizing things (except the TF3D player, maybe Ill just use that).
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

This thread is evidence of one of the BIGGEST reasons that iPhone is still kicking winmo's butt. WinMo has been around for years and years and years. As long as it's been around people have wanted a decent MP3 solution for it and yet, in spite of it's nearly infinite software capabilities, there isn't anything that comes close to even the ease of use of the original ipod, much less an iphone/itouch.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use Windows mobile as well. Except I have all my music categorized in windows folders (Rock, Hip Hop, Rock en Espanol, Chill, 80's... etc... )
I use Nitrogen when I want to listen to a specific folder as I would have to set up playlists in Windows media player and I'm too lasy. When I go to the Gym I just select my workout folder and I know I'm not going to be on the eliptical rocking to some Metalica and all of a sudden swithch to Frank Sinatra's Moon River. Lol.
I think it's good to try several.
p.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Whoa whoa whoa- bluetooth controls with Nitrogen? Whaaaa? I can't get that to work. I have a Jabra BT3030 & pressing play gives me a volume control error & none of the other buttons do anything.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2