PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

onickjo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
terrible battery life

just got a brand new tp2 last week....

i was thinking it had battery issues but did not realize until last night how bad it was.

at 7:00 pm i had my phone charged completely and by 11:30pm my phone was dead!!!!!!

when i click top right and go to memory usage my phone is usually at 55% or higher with no programs running.. is that normal?

how can i fix this issue?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: terrible battery life

Hello friend, You can use the program I posted below to help clear up some memory. Its called cleanram. I recommend you go to the settings and set it to run level 2 (it takes a little bit longer but does a better job)

You can install the ssk tp2 dynamic resource proxy cab (this will help speed your device up a little bit)

You can also turn off your push internet and turn opera always on off this will help a lot. (i dont remember exactly how to do these anymore since I did it a while back but there are several forums here that have instructions posted.)

Enjoy! and if you ever shop online and I wanna get a little cash back check out the link in my signature.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Ohh yeah and for battery life hmmm... mine has great battery life. I spend probably about 5 hours a day online on it. I send/rcv around 100 txt a day (girlfriend and twitter)

Make sure your not leaving bluetooth on all day. If your not using it turn it off this will drain your battery faster than anything.

Using speaker phone a bunch of times will kill your batt too!

Make sure that if your using wifi you select a power mode setting that makes sense.

Maybe you wanna try turning your screen brightness down too. (mine is up all the way.)

You also wanna look and see how good your signal is if your dont have reception the phone will look for a signal for a tower over and over and over and over again. This will kill a full battery in 4 hours flat!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just because your on stock rom, you don't have to complain... i don't have that problem @ all

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 12-06-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

give it a couple times and turn the power on the phone off and let it completely charge it should give u great battery life afterwards i just had this issue and made a thread on it now problems solved
Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Wizard, Apache, Titan, Vogue, Herman, Rhodium

htc.user is just getting started

try changing from global to cdma only if you're not using gsm.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

That sounds like a defect.... hell my battery life was good straight out of the box but even more so with energyrom. I come off the charger at 7 am... I listen to music literally all day and surf the web, get emails every hour on 3 different accounts and keep palringo on and when I get home around 6 pm I still have 60% or better battery left.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Yeah that's almost definitely a defective battery if its draining that fast. My old TP did that with 2 different batteries. Go to the sprint store & tell them what happened, they should exchange your battery for free(if they carry TP2s yet).

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Yeah that's almost definitely a defective battery if its draining that fast.
I agree.

I think my phone will run SlingMobile or Pandora longer than that & those two apps are real battery killers.

~John
Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

onickjo is a n00b

what is normal for memory usage to be at during day? no programs open. i'm at 55 - 60%

is that normal?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2