PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[FIX]Are you getting local host filename error when running opera 10 from TF3d?

if you are on verizon: go to opera:config and enter the magic of opera settings where you can change everything pretty much.then go to network , and unchech ''check for the local host''.=D>

if you are on sprint ....this trick does not work for everybody work ;and I am still searching for an effective solution.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:47 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: [FIX]Are you getting local host filename error when running opera 10 from TF3d?

Yea that definitely didn't work for me on sprint. So I just left Opera Mobile 9.5/9.7 on my phone as the default so that launches from there and edited a manila file so I have a shortcut to Opera 10 (as well as other internet apps I use). I got the idea from NRG's internet tab on EnergyROM, I just took out all the shortcuts he had and replaced them with my own.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [FIX]Are you getting local host filename error when running opera 10 from TF3d?

there should be a fix form sprint , i am working on it.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

guys any opinion here ? any possible fix
Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the problem seems to be in 27c65cbd_manila

if you open it from your desktop with notepad you will notice that the navigateURL is empty. simply put whatever you want in there for your home page and it works

heres mine, just use resco or total commander to copy this to your windows directory and tell it to overwrite

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>
<BrowserExe>\Internal Storage\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe</BrowserExe>
<IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
<Banner
DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inter netPortal\banner.qtc"
SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inte rnetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
NavigateUrl="www.google.com/"
Width="480"
Height="215" />
<OperatorLinks>
<Link
Text="YouTube"
Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPort al\youtube.qtc" />
</OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>
Attached Files
File Type: zip 27c65cbd_manila.zip (552 Bytes, 35 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nate.spangler; 12-06-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

baudac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
the problem seems to be in 27c65cbd_manila

if you open it from your desktop with notepad you will notice that the navigateURL is empty. simply put whatever you want in there for your home page and it works

heres mine, just use resco or total commander to copy this to your windows directory and tell it to overwrite

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>
<BrowserExe>\Internal Storage\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe</BrowserExe>
<IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
<Banner
DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inter netPortal\banner.qtc"
SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\Inte rnetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
NavigateUrl="www.google.com/"
Width="480"
Height="215" />
<OperatorLinks>
<Link
Text="YouTube"
Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPort al\youtube.qtc" />
</OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>
Does this zip only work when Opera 10 is installed into your Windows storage and not the StorageCard?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudac View Post
Does this zip only work when Opera 10 is installed into your Windows storage and not the StorageCard?
if when you click the globe it opens opera 10 then you should be good to go

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2