PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

well today I tried paying for a unlocker to get denied for my credit card, tried 4 times no dice, come to find out each fail and re attemp I was charged a buck......

I dont wanna try anymore as I feel now im being ripped off and there just collecting my dollar everytime...

And I agree with the others, theres alot of info there getting...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
maybe i worded that reply wrong. what i was trying to say was any "new" unlocker would require work started from the ground up, from scratch, because the mods here wouldn't allow it to be posted if they used cmonex/olipro's code as a base or reverse engineered the current unlocker app.
by "verification", i was talking about when the unlocker app connects to the elite team's servers
True, I don't think ppcgeeks would allow another Unlocker on here at all either. But there are two unlockers in the works right now that wont require payment like this one. Its one thing to require a fee one time for unlimited unlocks, but a fee each time is overboard. Especially since you have people like Mighty & Juicy that produce awesome Roms and don't require a donation for each install.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
well today I tried paying for a unlocker to get denied for my credit card, tried 4 times no dice, come to find out each fail and re attemp I was charged a buck......

I dont wanna try anymore as I feel now im being ripped off and there just collecting my dollar everytime...

And I agree with the others, theres alot of info there getting...
my guess is that it's something like at the gas pump. it will charge you a dollar and if the card is accepted, it'll allow you to pump gas and charge you the full amount minus a dollar. if it declines, the dollar charge will be refunded.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

If i'm not mistaken, if you are honestly trying to unlock a replacement phone, you have to send them the info from the 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nntb View Post
it says i unlocked one before? what should i do?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
I would much rather use a stock rom than have vital information obtained from my device...below is a ticket i opened with the support team on this issue

Ever since i got my replacement phone and needed it unlocked your entire process left an unsettled feeling in my stomach and it's just come to a boil and i must question the manner in which you're providing the service versus the information collected when "activating" the unlocker. My first unlock came from my previous address while another phone was tethered to the sprint network thus showing my ip as being that. After i moved into my new home i needed to get a replacement for my touch pro 2 and get that unlocked. I attempted to use the same unlocker i had downloaded previously on my roadrunner internet connection only for it to recognize that i had already unlocked a device. How could the information possibly be known if all your unlocker obtains is the first 15 digits of the imei? The IP address were obviously different. the subnet mask is different too. along with the gateway address. I really need to know what information is really being obtained upon activation as i feel this is a major security breech. Please understand i am not the only one with concerns on this matter.

will report back when they respond.

You didn't really send that did you? If people are concerned don't use it. Then there is nothing to be concerned with.

And I don't think it is the IMEID that they track because each phones has it's own. So if he got a replacement phone that would be different.. unless I am mistaken.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0011j View Post
You didn't really send that did you? If people are concerned don't use it. Then there is nothing to be concerned with.

And I don't think it is the IMEID that they track because each phones has it's own. So if he got a replacement phone that would be different.. unless I am mistaken.
You ARE mistaken, I had to contact them to unlock my roommates phone b/c I unlocked mine at home first. I tried my roommates phone at different locations and it would not unlock even though those places havent been used to unlock a phone. I send a support ticket, they ask for the IMEI, they then respond and tell me his IMEI is NOW authorized, I try to unlock back at my place and it works..............................! lol
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I agree with you in that if your worried then don’t use it, however we truly don’t know EACH BIT of information that it collects. Right now we know it works to unlock, if you have a problem open a support ticket and wait or donate $5.12. If you get a replacement device it’s possible they won’t grant the free unlock and you have to pay. Awesome way to make money because right now they get an unlimited amount of donations with no end in sight. Lol Pay or use stock roms. Lol (novel concept)
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 and TP1

prince is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
I agree with you in that if your worried then don’t use it, however we truly don’t know EACH BIT of information that it collects. Right now we know it works to unlock, if you have a problem open a support ticket and wait or donate $5.12. If you get a replacement device it’s possible they won’t grant the free unlock and you have to pay. Awesome way to make money because right now they get an unlimited amount of donations with no end in sight. Lol Pay or use stock roms. Lol (novel concept)

Yep. It is what it is.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

each phone has a new IMEI, so a replacement will have a diff IMEI than your other phone... If it was based off Recording that IMEI off the bat, wouldnt a diff IMEI work????????????? Unless when ya unlock it records that IMEI and any different IMEI is flagged from that point on,

who knows, I think we all got the idea, just wanna know exactly how there doing it..........

Last edited by Dragon2; 12-04-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wait, so i didn't read the whole thread. but if i get another touch pro2 for a family member, i need to pay to unlock the HardSPL so i can put on new roms? or is this for Sim Card unlock?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2