PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Use a different internet connection?
no no no that cant be right...case in point...
first tp2 i unlocked at my old house using the wifey's tethered connection to activate unlocker...

second tp2 which was a replacement i attempted to unlock at new address using roadrunner hsi...fail...told me i already had one unlocked...

so if it's not ip based or imei based(they're supposedly different) then how do they know i already had one unlocked...something tells me they're getting more info from the device than just the imei...otherwise there would be no other way of knowing...just a fyi

Old 12-04-2009, 12:59 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
no no no that cant be right...case in point...
first tp2 i unlocked at my old house using the wifey's tethered connection to activate unlocker...

second tp2 which was a replacement i attempted to unlock at new address using roadrunner hsi...fail...told me i already had one unlocked...

so if it's not ip based or imei based(they're supposedly different) then how do they know i already had one unlocked...something tells me they're getting more info from the device than just the imei...otherwise there would be no other way of knowing...just a fyi
this is what I was trying to say earlier, even a different unlocker dont work with a diff phone with a new IMEI.

like ya said, there getting more info than that...
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff

can u program ur fone to a random number and then unlock it?
once unlocked.. u can always reprogram it back to ur own number.

another idea is to do an esn swap w/ ur friends number and then unlock and re-swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
this is what I was trying to say earlier, even a different unlocker dont work with a diff phone with a new IMEI.

like ya said, there getting more info than that...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Oh its more than just IMEI for sure, which is the reason why everybodies antiviruses are going crazy when you try to launch it. I'm not sure how its written or what it all collects, but its pretty smart b/c I did the same thing. I activate one off tether and the other off roadrunner and it still gave me the message. One was my phone, and the other was roommates. lol

I had to submit a support ticket.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

I am really starting to wonder about the security of this process...there is just no way in hell they could have known based on their own statements of how it works that i unlocked previously.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I am really starting to wonder about the security of this process...there is just no way in hell they could have known based on their own statements of how it works that i unlocked previously.
To bad we have no way around it unless somebody else can code an unlocker w/o the licnese stuff. Right now we are at their mercy and they get unlimited donations. We either deal with it, or use stock roms. lol Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr have somebody else code. But if it was easy, I think it would of been done by now.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
To bad we have no way around it unless somebody else can code an unlocker w/o the licnese stuff. Right now we are at their mercy and they get unlimited donations. We either deal with it, or use stock roms. lol Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr have somebody else code. But if it was easy, I think it would of been done by now.
problem is that in order for it to pass, it'd have to be started from the ground up. i have my doubts the ppcgeeks gods would allow another unlocker on here that was based off cmonex/olipro's code or reverse engineered (considering we already have the unlocker, it just has to pass that verification before it will run) from the current one
Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Retired Staff

I would much rather use a stock rom than have vital information obtained from my device...below is a ticket i opened with the support team on this issue

Ever since i got my replacement phone and needed it unlocked your entire process left an unsettled feeling in my stomach and it's just come to a boil and i must question the manner in which you're providing the service versus the information collected when "activating" the unlocker. My first unlock came from my previous address while another phone was tethered to the sprint network thus showing my ip as being that. After i moved into my new home i needed to get a replacement for my touch pro 2 and get that unlocked. I attempted to use the same unlocker i had downloaded previously on my roadrunner internet connection only for it to recognize that i had already unlocked a device. How could the information possibly be known if all your unlocker obtains is the first 15 digits of the imei? The IP address were obviously different. the subnet mask is different too. along with the gateway address. I really need to know what information is really being obtained upon activation as i feel this is a major security breech. Please understand i am not the only one with concerns on this matter.

will report back when they respond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
problem is that in order for it to pass, it'd have to be started from the ground up. i have my doubts the ppcgeeks gods would allow another unlocker on here that was based off cmonex/olipro's code or reverse engineered (considering we already have the unlocker, it just has to pass that verification before it will run) from the current one
what verification? the only reason they're set up like they are is to make money off of it. has nothing to do with licensing or verification...you think htc or the carriers would license out their code to a team of nobodies and allow them to exploit their code for profit?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:45 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
what verification? the only reason they're set up like they are is to make money off of it. has nothing to do with licensing or verification...you think htc or the carriers would license out their code to a team of nobodies and allow them to exploit their code for profit?
maybe i worded that reply wrong. what i was trying to say was any "new" unlocker would require work started from the ground up, from scratch, because the mods here wouldn't allow it to be posted if they used cmonex/olipro's code as a base or reverse engineered the current unlocker app.
by "verification", i was talking about when the unlocker app connects to the elite team's servers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2