PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

Well, at least everyone kissed and made up. And babies. Ahem. lol

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Isn't yours a patch of HTC's code though? You are using HTC's RUU and a hacked version of HTC's SPL, correct?
I have no problem giving a donation. I just don't like it being required. And again, I don't see why you can restrict anyone from hacking your code, when your code is actually HTC's code that you have hacked.
The "real" company would have an end user license agreement, and a privacy policy that specified what information was being gathered and/or how that information was going to be used and/or shared. And in the event the private information was shared without the end users' permission, there would be a legal entity held responsible. And by legal entity, I mean a registered company getting sued- not a just couple of screen names getting "argued with" in a thread.

We're are grateful of your work. Like I said, I donated twice. I never even asked you for a free license or anything, I just donated. My complaint is that it is against the spirit of this community. We are all here to help each other and share our knowledge, helping others learn. You and oli have taken a more commercial attitude. You should be posting in this thread exactly how you made the hard spl, so others can do it too. Instead you ar "selling" it, and if anyone hacks it you label it as warez. Good thing HTC doesn;t share that same attitude, or your hard spl wouold not even exist.

I don't resent paying. I just resent being required to pay. Between you and me, I have access to enough computers and enough different networks where I could have easily done all of my phones for free, without waiting. Between all the current and old ones we don;t use anymore, we probably have about 12 laptops in my house. Every one of my neighbors has WiFi, and would have no problem giving me the access key (and most are not even secured). I could have easily done it without donating. But I figured I would donate for your time- not because I needed further assistance, but because I felt you had already earned it.

Amd that's the way it should be here. if people want to donate, fine. If they don't want to donate, that's fine too.
Quote:
I'm not saying it's okay for dealers to do that. However, a dealer making money off of Cmonex and oli's work isn't all that much different from Cmonex and Oli making money off HTC's work.

Instead you ar "selling" it, and if anyone hacks it you label it as warez. Good thing HTC doesn;t share that same attitude, or your hard spl wouold
not even exist.

hey, maybe need some more clarification, though I've tried to say it a few times already...maybe I'm not being clear enough

1. there is some ASM and C++ code of our own involved, and some binaries from HTC, including RUU. I'm seriously planning to make my own RUU though... just because it'd make some things simpler

2. I'd like to know why you *feel* a donation is being required. unless you mean people can't just wait. I always thought of myself as an impatient person, but perhaps not THAT impatient...
could you answer me that? what gives you the impression that it is a REQUIREMENT for the usual private user?

3. ah, yes, you are right, we can and should add privacy policy on our site, but the end user agreement will probably note that if you (the user) don't trust us, then simply don't use the SW as we aren't really a legal entity. of course we won't share any of that information with anyone, but up to you if you believe us.

4. your donation is appreciated. yes, if someone wants to donate, fine, if not, fine, we will still help them (unless commercial amount of phones, of course).

5. a dealer making money off it... would be them simply taking it and sell it. no coding work, no hacking work, no time invested. so I see that as DIFFERENT.

6. as for HTC, we're actually bringing them more sales I've seen so many people in threads saying they will wait with the device purchase until Hard-SPL is out.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 12-23-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 AM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
Not unlimited from me, from all the folks that have to wait or have more than two devices since your email clearly states that if somebody has more than two devices then they HAVE to donate = unlimited donations from EVERYBODY silly, not me. lol Think before you post.
he? everyone has more than 2 devices? mmmmmmmm I would disagree :P
Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
"4. Nobody is use to the system and its new and has bugs and hopefully the bugs will be worked out with them going to a 2device per household. I’ve donated to Rom developers and thankful for their work, but the Hardspl donations are different and so people aren’t use to this new method. "

I honestly think this is part of the reason why this has become such a problem. It is just a new concept to most CDMA users. Heck, if you look at XDA and the GSM models that OliNex has unlocked, those are all required to be paid for and uses the same licensing scheme. Granted the new licensing server may have some bugs that need to be ironed out, and perhaps there may need to be a tiny bit of lax on how many devices per household may be activated, but I really think it's just the fact that the idea is new to most CDMA users who have been provided free unlocker software up until now. I really don't have a problem with it, and if someone creates their own unlocker that really does work and decides to post it up for free without requiring a call home, then great, but until then, this is what we have; which I'm truly thankful for.

As far as the turn around time on support tickets, it is the holiday season, there are only 2 people running the show, and it is going to take a little more time. Perhaps OliNex should update the wording on the turnaround time for their site.

Edit - Hell I even downloaded the software that Cmonex uses to hack the SPL and tried it out. Now I'm even more greatful that she did this for us. If anyone has such a problem with it, I'd suggest you do the same. I could also agree with the notion that they should post information on how it is done so that others can learn the technique and share the knowledge in the event that they decide to quit US devices, but that's up to them.

mhm, yeah, on XDA with the GSM devices we didn't get this sort of problem about complaints. dunno why, maybe quality control of other models were better (fewer replaced devices???).

yeah, holiday season and yes it's only the 2 of us. but as of now, up to date on all tickets in theory =)

hehe, you mean IDA by the software above? it's a neat app.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You said english is not your first language, right? So I imagine you speak english with an accent...

So we have a chick who speaks with a sexy accent, is super smart, likes HTC devices and even hacks them up, asking for a method to make a lot of kids...

lol, I think I speak for most of us here when I say I could definitely help with that
I'm afraid my accent is quite weird though Olipro keeps reassuring me it's fine, I can never be sure about that myself... well as long as people understand me it's OK

no comment on the rest... LOL I'll admit I didn't think of this -entirely valid- interpretation of my post before :cower:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
he? everyone has more than 2 devices? mmmmmmmm I would disagree :P
Well if you read the posts you would see the problem people are having is b/c they are trying to unlock more than 2 devices, and mostly more than 1. Your system causes people to wait if they have more than 1 device. Then if you unlock their 2nd device via your support line, then that person is asked to donate for additional devices. People wouldn’t be complaining as much if your system was all JACKED up. Just fix it or adjust it. Simple really.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

frittob is just getting started

any idea if the support/ticket mailbox is still being monitored?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2