PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
i will definetly agree with you on that. i had a lot of lag in HTC app for sms at first, BUT since i have started flashing Energy ROM it is very speedy. love the interface of the HTC txt too!! would hate to lose it!!
I like the HTC interface too, but the longer you use it the laggier it gets (I don't care what ROM you're using)

If you keep your inbox cleared out, it works great unless you get into a REAL long conversation with one person. If you do that, it gets laggy as hell on ANY 2.5 ROM (including NRG).

~John
Old 12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd VERIZON MMS Fix Help} Not sure if anyone needs help BUT here it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I like the HTC interface too, but the longer you use it the laggier it gets (I don't care what ROM you're using)

If you keep your inbox cleared out, it works great unless you get into a REAL long conversation with one person. If you do that, it gets laggy as hell on ANY 2.5 ROM (including NRG).

~John

ahhh, i see.....thats probably why im not seeing a lag. i am usually flashing my phone at least once a week. im sure my messages dont have enough time to build up and slow me down..... im going to test it a little later and try and bog it down........

Old 12-04-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Sure you can receive SMS through that POS HTC app, but it makes the system MUCH more enjoyeable to use if you disable it with the zenyee cab.
Got a link to that cab?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Got a link to that cab?
here you go
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

I use the Sprint Arcsoft .cab that's floating around here on my Verizon phone... It's a slightly newer version and seems to run a little smoother. All you have to do is change the server settings to the verizon vtext. Is anyone else doing this? It's probably just me but I like to have the newest versions of software possible..... The different Arcsoft's for the different carriers seem to just be labeled for the carriers by whoever originally posted them with certain settings already pre-configured for that carrier.... I don't believe it really matters which one you install as long as you configure it properly for your carrier.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't think it makes one iota of difference which version of Arcsoft you run, as long as you input the correct server settings they all do exactly the same thing IMHO.

~John
Old 12-11-2009, 09:52 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im getting ready to flash the Energy 21884 rom and wanted to check what the most current method to make the MMS work on Verizon. It seems like you can find 100 different way to fix it but not really sure witch to use with this new rom.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdiDave View Post
Im getting ready to flash the Energy 21884 rom and wanted to check what the most current method to make the MMS work on Verizon. It seems like you can find 100 different way to fix it but not really sure witch to use with this new rom.
yes i just flashed the 21884 and all i had to do was install the regedit cab
arcsoft is already there.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

My Verizon solution now is to run the zenyee cab & then install the excellent Vito SMS-Chat. I use that for texting (it is way better than the HTC app IMHO) & then use ArcSoft for MMS.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
yes i just flashed the 21884 and all i had to do was install the regedit cab
arcsoft is already there.

I flashed the 21884 and installed that MMS Fix (2.1) (verizon) cab. Cant MMS. Any ideas ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2