PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T-Mobile MMS

Situation:
I am w/ an HD, on T-Mobile, in the US.
I have the $9.99 / month 100 mb data plan (cuz I have wifi about 85% of the time).
I have unlimited messaging (of all kinds) on my plan.
I can connect to edge and browse on it just fine.
Another person on my family plan has working mms no problem.
I put in a friends SIM and it worked straight away, he used mine and it wouldn't work.
I have already tried getting my SIM card replaced.

already tried two cabs from these threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=394735
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395203

Problem:
NO MMS. I really can't figure it out. It seems that no matter what I do, it just never works. Sending gets to 99% (w/ the little icon at the top), but it never ends up going through.
When someone sends me a message...I just don't ever get any notification at all.

I have tried stock roms, cooked roms, I make sure to set my carrier to T-Mobile US, I have checked the internet as well as called CC for the server settings, and even just had my SIM replaced today...still no luck.

Anything welcome,
Thanks,
Jim.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244

Last edited by jim2561; 03-10-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker

bobross is becoming a great contributor
Re: T-Mobile MMS

While I don't have this phone, and I'm on Sprint, I have found something that may work. Check out this thread at XDA-Devs. I'd be interested to find out if one of the .cab files works for you. Please report back with your results.

edit: I also found this. Looks promising.

Last edited by bobross; 12-28-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobross View Post
While I don't have this phone, and I'm on Sprint, I have found something that may work. Check out this thread at XDA-Devs. I'd be interested to find out if one of the .cab files works for you. Please report back with your results.

edit: I also found this. Looks promising.
Hey thanks for the suggestions. I have seen one of those threads in my search but...no go on either one :S

I tried the 599 cab as well as the arcsoft 4.0 cab in the other thread (though the problem with this one was simply that the installation failed due to having insufficient system permissions).
Old 12-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Lurker

bobross is becoming a great contributor

Well... nuts. Sorry that wasn't too helpful. I have a friend that's having the same issue now (ironically) and I tried the same .cabs today with no luck. I'm not sure if this could be the problem, but I'm kind of thinking that it might be related to her current T-Mobile plan. She previously had a Blackberry and is still on a Blackberry data plan. I wonder if that would have any bearing on how her data traffic is routed. Does that situation pertain to you at all?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobross View Post
Well... nuts. Sorry that wasn't too helpful. I have a friend that's having the same issue now (ironically) and I tried the same .cabs today with no luck. I'm not sure if this could be the problem, but I'm kind of thinking that it might be related to her current T-Mobile plan. She previously had a Blackberry and is still on a Blackberry data plan. I wonder if that would have any bearing on how her data traffic is routed. Does that situation pertain to you at all?

Hey sorry man I never saw your reply!

But ya that's cool, thanks a lot for the help anyway. So...she has an HD also then?

Haven't found anything useful yet really kinda sucks, not sure what I'll do.

Also, no that doesn't pertain to me. Before I was on the plan, the sim was just with a standard flip phone kinda thing.

Keep me posted here if you find out anything! And I'll do the same.

Thanks,
Jim.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Do you have a txt messaging plan active on your account? Call tmobile and make sure they dont have txt blocked on your account.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

OK. Update.
Called up support again, wanted to add to my "trouble ticket" that I had submitted that my tmomail.net account wasn't working at all. I couldn't even email plain text to my tmomail.net address. Also wanted to update them with the fact that when some carriers send me a pic msg, they get a reply back saying that I rejected it.

The result was that I was finally transferred all the way up to 'advanced'. This is supposedly the highest. I had already spoken w/ tier 1, tier 2, and tier3 before, and once transferred to advanced I had everything fixed within about 20 minutes!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
Do you have a txt messaging plan active on your account? Call tmobile and make sure they dont have txt blocked on your account.
Yes I do have txt on my account, thx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD