PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Activesync Exchange Problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9992)

Blitzed26 10-15-2007 09:37 PM

Activesync Exchange Problem

Ok I have searched and searched to solve this problem.....

I have push mail set up in activesync to sync with my company email. (Exchange 2007). About 10-12 times a day it comes up and says "Please Update Your Exchange Credentials". It is asking for my password.

The funny thing is that I can just hit Cancel and the next time I receive an email it sync's my outlook email account. It is very annoying and I wish I could find a solution to this. Also if I don't receive another email in a very short time period Activesync timesout and doesn't re-connect if I don't hit cancel in enought time.

My IT department is very new at this and they would respond to any exchange settings to stop this.

Finally I suggested that they have the setting checked to require all mobile devices to verify passord every X minutes and that they shoudl uncheck this. They are saying that they don't have this policy active.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

JackSchitt28 10-15-2007 09:45 PM

this sounds like an issue with your work server or settings. they need to check it out and try and resolve your issue. i use simple exchange server mail2web, and i dont have any issues like this so i cant relate. maybe they should hard reset the device and re-enter everything, does anyone else you work with have these issues?

Blitzed26 10-15-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 (Post 102123)
this sounds like an issue with your work server or settings. they need to check it out and try and resolve your issue. i use simple exchange server mail2web, and i dont have any issues like this so i cant relate. maybe they should hard reset the device and re-enter everything, does anyone else you work with have these issues?

I have hard reset a million times as I am a new mogul user who flashed cooked roms all the time on my 6700. Same problem on my 6700 as I have on the mogul. I was 99% sure it is a server issue and not a phone setting issue. YES others have the same problem.

The big picture is that my IS department only supports the blackberry's they issue to company employees. I would assume that many on this board would agree, I don't want a blackberry for many reasons and I want to stick with my mogul.

Since the issue lies on the exchange side, I was hoping that someone would recognize the issue and I could communicate the setting that is causing this to my IS department since this isn't a priority for them.

Thanks for the quick response.

JackSchitt28 10-15-2007 10:00 PM

yeah you dont want a blackberry. i will see what i can come up with. just hang tight for now.

Blitzed26 10-24-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 (Post 102129)
yeah you dont want a blackberry. i will see what i can come up with. just hang tight for now.

Were you able to come up with anything. I have searched...searched...searched... and have come up with nothing.