PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM
nokry56's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Reputation: 15
nokry56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nokry56
Titan/Mogul/6800 or Vogue/Touch?

So I'm about to sign up for a Sprint contract and here's my question: Do I wait for the Vogue (since it will have a 400 MHZ processor and twice the RAM) or do I get the Titan?

Basically it boils down to which is more valuable - more memory or a hardware keyboard?

All opinions are appreciated...

Thanks.

Last edited by nokry56; 10-15-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
theedon's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 69
Reputation: 150
theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Id get the vogue EXCEPT... it doesn't have any buttons. I use a couple of the buttons on my 6700 all the time and I wouldn't want the inconvenience of having to use the stylus all of the time.

(Just because they want to compete with the ipone doesn't mean they have to make the same stupid decisions but wait, they did.. Lets see, remove buttons to be like iphone but lets not add a 3.5mm audio jack.)

This unfortunately means that the titan is the only choice I can live with but that GPS sure would be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM
nokry56's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Reputation: 15
nokry56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nokry56
Yeah the whole buttons issue isn't that much of a deal breaker for me. The only thing I'm worried about is how much of the screen the virtual keyboard will take up on the Vogue. Or how hard it will be to type on...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
saqer's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Indy, Indiana
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 574
Reputation: 190
saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
if .5 seconds to touch the screen vs a hard button is too much thats a pretty lame excuse. you can get plenty of homescreen launcher programs where one touch to all your programs.

persoanlly im getting the touch, the smaller size and better RAM is a seller for me. i cant do 64mb anymore its driving me nuts having a mere 20mb free with nothing open. just ruins the performance of the other great hardware they put in like the new processor. i honestly use the on screen keyboard (3rd party one) more than the hard one. honestly sliding it out and rotating the screen everytime is more annoying them using the screen to get to programs, it slows the input process down a lot.
I totally agree with you about the whole keyboard thing. Personally, I'm waiting for the Vogue. I was initially impressed with the better keyboard on the Mogul, but I don't use the hardware keyboard that much, and it's annoying to pop it out only to slide it back in after typing one sentence, and it adds weight and depth to the device.

So, unless you're typing texts left and right I would go with the Vogue. The Vogue will also sport a USB 2.0 interface and a built-in true GPS chip. It's touchscreen is also more advanced from that of the Mogul's, I think. After seeing this SIP and the video of the person using it, I'm not at all concerned about text input:

http://www.cootek.com/intro.html
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
nokry56's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Reputation: 15
nokry56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nokry56
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
I totally agree with you about the whole keyboard thing. Personally, I'm waiting for the Vogue. I was initially impressed with the better keyboard on the Mogul, but I don't use the hardware keyboard that much, and it's annoying to pop it out only to slide it back in after typing one sentence, and it adds weight and depth to the device.

So, unless you're typing texts left and right I would go with the Vogue. The Vogue will also sport a USB 2.0 interface and a built-in true GPS chip. It's touchscreen is also more advanced from that of the Mogul's, I think. After seeing this SIP and the video of the person using it, I'm not at all concerned about text input:

http://www.cootek.com/intro.html
I saw that video earlier today. Very crazy. I'm thinking I'll wait for the Vogue. I do text fairly frequently but when I do its just a few sentences, not really something I want to be sliding out the keyboard to do.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Primenall's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 390
Reputation: 382
Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well when I first heard about it, I was all defensive of my mogul.

If it has GPS fully enabled I might check one out, the 128 ram is sweet as well and though I do love the physical keyboad, after trying the Touchpal from cootek I was very impressed (haven't used it much yet, but from testing it out it works great).

I always try to keep an open mind
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
nokry56's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Reputation: 15
nokry56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nokry56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Well when I first heard about it, I was all defensive of my mogul.

If it has GPS fully enabled I might check one out, the 128 ram is sweet as well and though I do love the physical keyboad, after trying the Touchpal from cootek I was very impressed (haven't used it much yet, but from testing it out it works great).

I always try to keep an open mind
just out of curiosity - when do you find yourself using the hardware keyboard instead of the software keyboard... and vice versa?

Last edited by nokry56; 10-15-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Forgot a question mark... gah!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
saqer's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Indy, Indiana
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 574
Reputation: 190
saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokry56 View Post
just out of curiosity -- when do you find yourself using the hardware keyboard instead of Touchpal?
Only when I feel lazy to pull out my stylus.

Btw, I might be wrong about the internal GPS chip in the Vogue. I could have sworn that it was one of its features, but it appears that pdadb.net does not list it anymore as GPS capable.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
nokry56's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Reputation: 15
nokry56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nokry56
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
Only when I feel lazy to pull out my stylus.

Btw, I might be wrong about the internal GPS chip in the Vogue. I could have sworn that it was one of its features, but it appears that pdadb.net does not list it anymore as GPS capable.
hm? what are you saying about a stylus??

and yeah... I don't remember ever reading that about the Vogue, I just assumed you knew what you were talking about.

EDIT: actually almost every site I'm finding except for pdaDB is mentioning GPS as a feature... odd.

Last edited by nokry56; 10-15-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Jeff Kirvin's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 403
Reputation: 66
Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Qualcomm processor in the Vogue (the same as in the Tilt) is dual-core ARM in addition to having SirfIII GPS on chip. What remains to be seen is if HTC included an antenna to go with it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com