PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Internet Sharing Lockups (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9919)

moovius 10-14-2007 02:23 PM

Internet Sharing Lockups

I was using the free trial of PDAnet and loving it, but my reluctance to drop $34 for this program (I'm cheap, sue me) led me to find a free way to tether.

I tried out the Internet Sharing technique and after wading through all the "tutorials" and all the different methods that were suggested, I was able to tether without any hassle (just turned on IS on phone and plugged in the usb).

Now what I did have happen was a variable lock-up. A few minutes after turning on IS, the connection would freeze up (the status icon in XP I enabled for IS would completely lock up and couldn't be accessed either). I would have to disconnect the phone and then hang-up the IS connection, reconnect and the same thing would happen just a few minutes down the road.

Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions for remedies?

To recap, here's what I did to enable IS:

1. Disabled MultiNAI in the registry by changing all the values in HKLM>Software>OEM>WMODEM to 0 (which I understand is not needed since it does nothing).
2. Deleted the the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"
3. Set my phone to Mobile IP Preferred after typing in ##3282#
4. Rechecked that all settings had taken effect after reseting the phone.
5. Loaded IS and hit connect
6. Plugged in the USB
7. Used it for a couple minutes before it would lock up.

Firon 10-14-2007 11:24 PM

Why delete that registry entry? I've never had to do that when tethering.

blubrown21 10-18-2007 05:02 PM

i also having this problem but not able to find a fix :(

blubrown21 10-18-2007 05:37 PM

and yea why did you make the reg changes?

beanex 10-18-2007 06:37 PM

If you read the thread on Debunking Multi-NAI, then you will know that disabling Multi-nai doesn't do anything, the proper stealth tether is performing the 2nd step. Performing step 1 and 3 is unnecessary

Try closing Active Sync, or disabling "advance USB feature", and see if it still locks up.

Primenall 10-18-2007 07:15 PM

First off change #3 back to normal.

It could be a bunch of different things, on either the pc or phone side.
what does it look like if you go to on your pc..start/controlpanel/networkinternetconnections/network connections??

Open that up before hooking up phone, it should say acquiring then connected firewalled, so see what it says and see what it says after your next freezeup.

Are you firewalled maybe that's affecting the connection try turning it off once and see what happens.
Is the usb cable loose?
Anything else running in the background when it happens?
Does it happen after the connection is inactive for awhile?
Have you tried opening and keeping open IE on your 6800?

blubrown21 10-19-2007 09:07 AM

anyone have a working crack for pda net????