PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard light?? help

My keyboard just goes off sometime and randomly turns on
it shows I have full battery and the keyboard light is off?? before when I type something the light would turn on by it self now its not doing anything its just off...
under setting/buttons/backlight the "enable keyboard backlight auto sensor" is checked...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic (Evo)

Nahledge973 is a n00b
Same here for the Mogul

I too am having the same issues... The backlight comes on for the keyboard whenever it wants...any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Threadstarter

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
anyone??
where are the mogul gurus?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
are you guys in a dark environment, the mogul has a sensor built in to tell whether it needs to come on or not.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

cobra9777 is a n00b
The behavior of the keyboard backlight appears to be influenced by the brightness setting of the main screen. When you are in a dark setting... I've noticed that the keyboard backlight will not come on when the screen backlight is set at the lowest setting. At the second-lowest setting, it comes on after you press a key. All other settings, it should come on when you slide it out, although I've noticed that there is sometimes a few-second delay.

Experiment with different brightness settings in a dark room and see if that takes some of the mystery out of the behavior of the keyboard backlight.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
the keyboard has a light sensor so it doesn't turn on when you're in a well-lit envinronment - I find this very annoying as the light sensor is far too sensitive....

there is hope though, it can be turned off and then the keyboard will always light up when the backlight is on and the keyboard is out....

go to settings and then to "buttons" - click on the "backlight" tab and there is an option "Enable keyboard backlight auto sensor" - turning this off will cause the keyboard backlight to come on whenever the backlight is on and the keyboard is extended regardless of the light sensor....

as for the weird behavior some of you have pointed out - you are probably unknowingly covering up the light sensor - it is that little silver circle to the left of the right softkey on the keyboard - it checks it pretty much every time you hit a button from what I can tell...

Last edited by holo; 10-14-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan

h11013 is a n00b
well if they were covering it up wouldn't that enable the keyboard light since it would be simulating a dark room?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by h11013 View Post
well if they were covering it up wouldn't that enable the keyboard light since it would be simulating a dark room?
yes.

what i do in a semi dark room is open the keyboard only half way. this covers the sensor and turns on the light. i like to keep the sensor on because most of my typing is done durning the day. this way i same battery.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by h11013 View Post
yes it's probably turning on for a bit when they cover it partially then turning back off when it's getting full light again
Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sugaryling is just getting started
same problem here, might be busted

I tried covering the sensor up with my finger and it still wouldn't turn on all the time. Just when ever it wants to. Yes, the sensor was turned on before trying this. Hopefully Sprint will warranty this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan