PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Speed, Stability & Battery Tweaks for WinMo 6.5 on the Titan

Hello all,

I'm hoping to start this thread in order to create a singular area that would encompass any significant tweaks available for 6.5 on the Titan. I've noticed that our chefs have been slowly dying off, and I hope that a collection of information might spur the creation of new ROMs by other users. I would like to dabble in ROM cookery myself, but I won't bother until I have as much information as I can gather before hand.

Please include any tweaks that may improve the speed, stability, battery life, or any other significant aspects of the Titan when running Windows Mobile 6.5. Any level of difficulty is welcome in these tweaks, even if they only make a small impact on the device overall.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/1102; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I know this section of the forums is slowing, but if anyone could post some relevent information it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

xleoxoelx is a n00b
Re: Speed, Stability & Battery Tweaks for WinMo 6.5 on the Titan

Your best bet would be to stick with registry tweaks, there's a whole section about it somewhere on this site.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xleoxoelx View Post
Your best bet would be to stick with registry tweaks, there's a whole section about it somewhere on this site.
Registry tweaks would be great as well. I haven't been able to find anything though.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

jmw86069 is a n00b

My advice, which I swear is sincere. The best tweak for the Mogul is to try every WM 6.5 ROM, tweak each to their absolute best and use them for a while.

Then install the DCD 4.1.2 (WM 6.1) ROM and all the cabs you can find here, the ones you actually use and not the ones that sound cool for "one day" but you never actually use. No contest.

Here are some easy things to test, which make trying WM6.5 on the Mogul seem ridiculous (in hindsight):
1) open the keyboard
2) run Opera mobile for more than 1 minute
3) install the top bar mem and battery
4) leave apps open and use other apps

I absolutely loved trying the WM6.5 ROMs, and still send big thanks to Mattsm, bbsandkim?, jmartin, etc (sorry I'll edit and correct the names shortly.) It was great to try. But actual daily use doesn't compare to WM6.1. Maybe the Mogul just doesn't have the memory, or the cpu, or maybe just the drivers to handle WM6.5...which is a shame.

Anyone else gotten WM6.5 to run as well as DCD's WM6.1? (Big props to nochem for that one too.)
Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b

i agree i'm thinking about going back. people all say TP2 has about the same hardware but seriously i can't imagine tp2 running this poorly. definitely a memory issue at the very least.

it's tough cause the touch features and IE are so nice
Old 12-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah, the Titan should have been built from the start with twice the memory. I'm satisfied with 6.5 for daily use, this is my work phone. Memory on the Titan must be managed by settings, plugin, task manager and theme selection. 6.5 can be run successfully, you just need to plan ahead.

BTW, I tried that test. I don't use Opera so I opened PIE, Skyfire, Pandora, Palringo, Messaging and GPS WeatherRadar and have 4.5 MB free with Windows default (Titanium) running.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 12-05-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b

fresh reboot and only app running is IE6 and I went to the ralphlauren.com website and it was slow (maybe the connection) and after going to the men's collection it crashed-out of memory. It was a flash site.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

PIE is slow. Check PIE settings that you are browsing as a mobile device.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

mrcomputerguy2u is a n00b

how can i download the mobile 6.5 rom update to my mogul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan