PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Speed, Stability & Battery Tweaks for WinMo 6.5 on the Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99107)

xiton 11-28-2009 10:35 PM

Speed, Stability & Battery Tweaks for WinMo 6.5 on the Titan

Hello all,

I'm hoping to start this thread in order to create a singular area that would encompass any significant tweaks available for 6.5 on the Titan. I've noticed that our chefs have been slowly dying off, and I hope that a collection of information might spur the creation of new ROMs by other users. I would like to dabble in ROM cookery myself, but I won't bother until I have as much information as I can gather before hand.

Please include any tweaks that may improve the speed, stability, battery life, or any other significant aspects of the Titan when running Windows Mobile 6.5. Any level of difficulty is welcome in these tweaks, even if they only make a small impact on the device overall.

Thanks everyone!

xiton 11-30-2009 01:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/1102; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I know this section of the forums is slowing, but if anyone could post some relevent information it would be greatly appreciated!

xleoxoelx 11-30-2009 08:40 PM

Re: Speed, Stability & Battery Tweaks for WinMo 6.5 on the Titan

Your best bet would be to stick with registry tweaks, there's a whole section about it somewhere on this site.

xiton 12-05-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xleoxoelx (Post 1375146)
Your best bet would be to stick with registry tweaks, there's a whole section about it somewhere on this site.

Registry tweaks would be great as well. I haven't been able to find anything though.

jmw86069 12-05-2009 01:31 PM

My advice, which I swear is sincere. The best tweak for the Mogul is to try every WM 6.5 ROM, tweak each to their absolute best and use them for a while.

Then install the DCD 4.1.2 (WM 6.1) ROM and all the cabs you can find here, the ones you actually use and not the ones that sound cool for "one day" but you never actually use. No contest.

Here are some easy things to test, which make trying WM6.5 on the Mogul seem ridiculous (in hindsight):
1) open the keyboard
2) run Opera mobile for more than 1 minute
3) install the top bar mem and battery
4) leave apps open and use other apps

I absolutely loved trying the WM6.5 ROMs, and still send big thanks to Mattsm, bbsandkim?, jmartin, etc (sorry I'll edit and correct the names shortly.) It was great to try. But actual daily use doesn't compare to WM6.1. Maybe the Mogul just doesn't have the memory, or the cpu, or maybe just the drivers to handle WM6.5...which is a shame.

Anyone else gotten WM6.5 to run as well as DCD's WM6.1? (Big props to nochem for that one too.)

azrael201 12-05-2009 02:38 PM

i agree i'm thinking about going back. people all say TP2 has about the same hardware but seriously i can't imagine tp2 running this poorly. definitely a memory issue at the very least.

it's tough cause the touch features and IE are so nice

demonlordoftheround 12-05-2009 03:23 PM

Yeah, the Titan should have been built from the start with twice the memory. I'm satisfied with 6.5 for daily use, this is my work phone. Memory on the Titan must be managed by settings, plugin, task manager and theme selection. 6.5 can be run successfully, you just need to plan ahead.

BTW, I tried that test. I don't use Opera so I opened PIE, Skyfire, Pandora, Palringo, Messaging and GPS WeatherRadar and have 4.5 MB free with Windows default (Titanium) running.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...wStartIcon.jpg

azrael201 12-05-2009 07:03 PM

fresh reboot and only app running is IE6 and I went to the ralphlauren.com website and it was slow (maybe the connection) and after going to the men's collection it crashed-out of memory. It was a flash site.

demonlordoftheround 12-05-2009 08:56 PM

PIE is slow. Check PIE settings that you are browsing as a mobile device.

mrcomputerguy2u 12-06-2009 02:52 PM

how can i download the mobile 6.5 rom update to my mogul