PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Some of us over at XDA (I am Serfboreds btw) have noticed that GPS is acting very strangely for Ver*zon users and are wondering is anyone having the same problems. We are thinking it could just be downtime for the server, or they could be working on changing the ip address.

Could anyone verify that their aGPS is working?

GC, who got aGPS working on the Titan, is no longer posting at xda for any device since Jan so we are a little out of luck there. Thanks guys.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

It WAS working ok for me..but now its not. Not sure what happened but it can't find location anymore. Using 6800 with official rom MR2 installed. googlemaps app for GPS, valhalla cab to unlock the GPS ability.

I'm really close to saying screw it, cancelling and just getting a touch pro with sprint.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor

Stopped working for a few of us on the Vogue (xv6900) as well... Looks like late Sunday into Monday, it just stopped working.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Stopped working for a few of us on the Vogue (xv6900) as well... Looks like late Sunday into Monday, it just stopped working.
I wonder if this is aGPS change or just intermittent outages.

Would like to see if we can get someone with VZNav on a legit phone to run QPST and see if the server IP is still 66.174.95.132 on port 8888. Any body able to do this on a phone with VZnav that hasn't been unlocked? There may be driver changes, but I would think that every phone would be affected and need software upgrade.

*228 option 2 and *22899 doesn't seem to help anything either.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan
Carrier: verizon

jaypeejay is a n00b

I thought it was just my phone acting up. I'll wait a few days to see if it's only an outage, or something more sinister on verizon's end.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Lurker

paragoat is a n00b

Mine on the vx6800 was working fine also on Friday of last week. It has not worked ever since saturday.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work

I am having the same problem here with 2 phones, but what does verizon server have to do with the satelites in the sky, or am I really missing something here?

We drove from central Texas all the way to the east coast with gps (garmin) going strong then all the sudded it would fade in and out then out.. nothing since a few days.

RD
Old 03-19-2009, 04:30 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

working great for me 8 sats under 10 seconds mar 09 2009

Last edited by bbsandkm; 03-19-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I can still get my Sats also but Im fairly certain it is just regular GPS and not aGPS because it does seem to take a bit longer.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker

paragoat is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdave View Post
I am having the same problem here with 2 phones, but what does verizon server have to do with the satelites in the sky, or am I really missing something here?

We drove from central Texas all the way to the east coast with gps (garmin) going strong then all the sudded it would fade in and out then out.. nothing since a few days.

RD
Could it be that when the GPS is activiated it calls home somehow to see if you are a VZ Navigator customer before allowing the GPS to work for other applications. Just a thought, probaly way off base

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan