PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else noticed that when the LCD tints, it stays tinted until you do something?

I just realized that when the Mogul's screen tints (easiest way to cause it is to roll the scroll wheel - each time you roll it, it changes the tint), it STAYS that tint until it changes to a new tint when you do something else on it.

Grrr... this screen is really irking me. I hope the Vogue doesn't have the same screen...
Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
tint? as in tint to a diff color? or tint like turn the brightness down lower than it was previously?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
A different color.

It flickers between different shades... most commonly when the backlight for the keyboard is off, at least for me.

Its not consistent but its totally there on a white background... green-purple-white. Its subtle but its noticeable.

Apparently only the non-PocketPC Moguls have this problem. The ones that don't have the PocketPC logo on the front anymore.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
I saw a similar topic in xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=336238), but yes, sometimes I notice this. Only sometimes, and it appears to happen more often under dim lighting than bright settings, but these are just my observations.

Last edited by leetsauce; 10-12-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Lurker

roguemoog is a n00b
I noticed this with mine and I thought I was going crazy. I did figure out that on some mobile websites, the white background turns slightly blue with every wheel click (try for example m.cnn.com). I know Sprint tints alternating lines on their phone browsers a lot, so I'm not sure if it's got something to do with that. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed shade changes once in a while...
Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
I've noticed this also. I notice it the most on a white background it turns a little green to me when I touch the screen with the stylus. Also see this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9686

Last edited by donkeythekidd; 10-12-2007 at 02:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan