PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 from Sprint.
Carrier: Verizon

onyxstar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry HELP ME PLEASE!!! Titan from USCC-Verizon... Stuck in programming screens..

I know that most of the people here are WAAAAYYYY smarting than me... SO I really could use this answer in easy 5th grade terms!!! PLEASE!!!

I don't understand Kitchens, roms, OLIPRO, RUU... I just got down that this darn phone is a titan/6800/ (maybe a Hermes)... So please go easy on the noob over here in the corner!!

So here is my problem..I was using Olipro 2.40 to flash my phone (Along with a clip from Youtube... Some guy is telling how to flash the phone over, the douche skipped some steps thinking everyone knew what he meant when he said... "Just like you did the other stuff with the USB connection" When at the time... THERE IS NO USB CONNECTION!!!!! The phone is stuck in that 4 color rainbow screen... It does say...

RUUNBH

TITA!)) MFG
SPL_2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

I don't know what to do next.. a kitchen?? a rom?? a ruu?? Load windows 6.5??? For the last few days, I have been sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth in the corner!!!! My thumb got sore so I am know asking for the smart kids in the class to help the slower kid!!!

PLEASE A-TEAM!!! HELP ME!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP ME PLEASE!!! Titan from USCC-Verizon... Stuck in programming screens..

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxstar View Post
I know that most of the people here are WAAAAYYYY smarting than me... SO I really could use this answer in easy 5th grade terms!!! PLEASE!!!

I don't understand Kitchens, roms, OLIPRO, RUU... I just got down that this darn phone is a titan/6800/ (maybe a Hermes)... So please go easy on the noob over here in the corner!!

So here is my problem..I was using Olipro 2.40 to flash my phone (Along with a clip from Youtube... Some guy is telling how to flash the phone over, the douche skipped some steps thinking everyone knew what he meant when he said... "Just like you did the other stuff with the USB connection" When at the time... THERE IS NO USB CONNECTION!!!!! The phone is stuck in that 4 color rainbow screen... It does say...

RUUNBH

TITA!)) MFG
SPL_2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

I don't know what to do next.. a kitchen?? a rom?? a ruu?? Load windows 6.5??? For the last few days, I have been sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth in the corner!!!! My thumb got sore so I am know asking for the smart kids in the class to help the slower kid!!!

PLEASE A-TEAM!!! HELP ME!!!
Your set to load a custom ROM at this point (WM 6.5) you may need to load a GPS radio after that (I'm not sure if your carrier has GPS), but you'll know it, if you see no radio in the bottom RH corner in read after you flash the custom ROM you'll need a new radio.

Also FYI
Kitchens build ROMS
ROMS are basically the OS
and an RUU loads the ROM onto the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto droid

_xv6800 is just getting started

some basics...

you can flash a rom (.nbh file) from a sd card or from a pc - to flash from a pc you will need an ruu (rom update utility)- it is an executable plus some files- it is specific to the phone - do a search on this forum and you will find it several places. the ruu plus a rom (.nbh file) in the folder with the ruu will allow you to put the custom rom onto your phone.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 from Sprint.
Threadstarter

onyxstar is a n00b

When y'all say "flash" what do you mean? I have copied all of those to an sd card... placed them in the phone (ppc-6800/titan) and nothing happens, it still goes to the "rainbow" screen.

So... How do I flash? I have tried opening those files on my computer and it write "junk characters" on the screen... I am guessing it is a computer language... I barely speak english and ebonics... let alone some computer language...

Still needing help!!!! Don't leave me now... I am still kinda dumb!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

to flash from your SD card you need to do the following. extraxt the signed .nbh from the ruu and rename it to titaimg.nbh. place the titaimg.nbh file on a fat32 formatted card place this file on the root of the card not in a file. The do a soft reset.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint:PPC6800)

The filed needs to be renamed TITAIMG.nbh and placed in the root of a 2GB or less microsd card .There is a good tutorial by GaMedic in the Titan Upgrades stickies. Good luck.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 11-22-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

whopper68 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whopper68

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

to flash from your SD card you need to do the following. extraxt the signed .nbh from the ruu and rename it to titaimg.nbh. place the titaimg.nbh file on a fat32 formatted card place this file on the root of the card not in a file. The do a soft reset.

^^ this man knows his stuff...TRUST

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan