PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC6800
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmm...thats interesting, i didn't know that this was possible...
but i checked here at work and my tower was alltel, at 555 I'm check later today at home to see what tower it's connected to.. is there a way to lock in a certain tower? and also lets say that's my problem? is there a fix for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Actually, what I should have asked was "is the phone switching between roaming and not roaming?" (is the triangle appearing).

I'd wager a small amount of money on the roaming issue... that you are roaming on a network other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon.

To test this yourself, do this:

1. Open FieldTrial: on the phone, dial ##33284 and press the green phone button. About six lines down, you will see an entry for "SID #".... it will be a number from 1 to 5 digits long. Remember what that number is.

2. Go to this page on my site: http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/index.asp and click on "SID List". About halfway down the page, you will see a box where you can enter the SID # you got from FieldTrial. Click the "Search" button.

3. Assuming it's in my database (it's not completely up to date), it will tell you what carrier that SID belongs to. If it's someone other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon, your problem is explained. If not, then my theory is incorrect.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
Hmm, you are right...it's going from tower 528 which is owned by verizon and midwest wireless....what could i possibly do now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Actually, what I should have asked was "is the phone switching between roaming and not roaming?" (is the triangle appearing).

I'd wager a small amount of money on the roaming issue... that you are roaming on a network other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon.

To test this yourself, do this:

1. Open FieldTrial: on the phone, dial ##33284 and press the green phone button. About six lines down, you will see an entry for "SID #".... it will be a number from 1 to 5 digits long. Remember what that number is.

2. Go to this page on my site: http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/index.asp and click on "SID List". About halfway down the page, you will see a box where you can enter the SID # you got from FieldTrial. Click the "Search" button.

3. Assuming it's in my database (it's not completely up to date), it will tell you what carrier that SID belongs to. If it's someone other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon, your problem is explained. If not, then my theory is incorrect.

Last edited by spatterfree; 10-12-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
Im seeing the same thing with my dads phone, he has the exact phone i have..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
hate to say it but its definitely your phone, alltel here too with blazing EVDO speeds on the Gulfcoast (MS). NEver had faster internet on a phone since WM6 MOgul. Wouldnt trade it (not yet). I'd take your phone back and have them give you a new one.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
Spatter you might try settings/personal/phone/services then highlight network services, check home only and see what that does. Your phone may be picking up a stronger signal on that tower. Try and see if there is an alltel tower near your home.

Jay

Edit: Make sure you change it back to automatic if you travel.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
ok, i'll try this at my house.....i'll see if it actually goes on the 555 tower instead of the 528
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
sign......................i guess i'll take my problem somewhere else...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan