PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6850
Carrier: Alltel

Morlince is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two Questions about possibilities...

I have searched for these and havnt found anything else posted on it, so i thought i would see what you guys could come up with.
  1. Is there a possibility that with the large and i mean large (8 gig) memory cards people are using in their 6800's that someone could write a program / edit to use some extra space on the card to act like ram... sort of like vista and ramboost?
  2. Is there a way to increase the size of the letters on the top of your contacts page that would make selecting the letter that begins the name of the contact you want to dial able to be accomplished with your finger instead of pulling out the stylus. ( i know that seemed confusing but i cant think of a better way to say it now, it's getting late..)
Thanks,

/\\/\\orlince
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
1. No. Memory is SDRAM, SD cards are NAND Flash. Flash memory is much too slow to act as RAM--mainly due to its very slow write speed. Readyboost in Vista uses NAND to supplement the hard drive, not memory. Because while NAND is much slower than SDRAM, it is much faster (to read, anyway) than a Hard Disk, so the OS loads frequently needed files/data on the flash drive for very quick access. But the PPC uses NAND flash for storage already, so an SD card isn't going to help.

2. Search google for PocketCM--I believe that will give you exactly what you're looking for.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6850
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Morlince is a n00b
Thanks alot, i knew i was sure as heck not the first one to think about using the extra storage for ram, but it was worth a shot to ask.

Thanks for letting me in on pocketCM, checking it out now.

/\\/\\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan