PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6850
Carrier: sprint

jammerjamming is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wifi using phone as modem

can you set the phone to be a wifi modem. i did some searching but i didnt really find an answer to it. i got a few laptops i would like to share my connection if available via the wifi and im sure it would come in handy when i am on the run and someone needs to use my connection and i dont have my ubs cable handy
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
No. The WiFi in the Mogul is a receiver, just like the one inside your laptop. It cannot send out a signal like a router can.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
if it was just a reciever you wouldn't be able to upload, or tell it what webpage to load. the laptops can do what is called adhoc connections and that is what is being referred to. So far i've heard of it being done on the 6700, but i don't htink it works yet for the 6800. Anyone that has tried this new method that came out though, please feel free to correct me.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxist View Post
Do the following:
1) Open Settings->Internet Sharing. Enable IS for Bluetooth PAN.
2) Change HKLM\Comm\ConnectionSharing\PrivateInterface to "TIACXWLN1" (it should currently be "BTPAN1").
3) Open Settings-> Connections -> Wi-Fi. Select Network Adapters tab. Click IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi.
4) Enter IP address 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Click OK.
5) Select Wireless tab. Add New.. to add the Network name for your ad-hoc network (I prefer "adhoc"
6) Set the client computer to use the same ad-hoc network. Client will receive an IP address from the device (don't need to manually set the IP).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/newr...eply&p=1538181

And there you have it

The mogul uses a different registry key, when you go to change the BTPAN1, change it to TNETW12511, and try to read thru that thread, theres a nice motoscript thats supposed to keep the connect from dropping, all it requires is a small edit to fit it to the mogul
Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Well, I'll be damned. I didn't even think about AdHoc. Cool!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jammerjamming is a n00b
i dont have private interface in my reg, is there something else i should be looking for? i see btpan1 just under comm itself im assuming thats what i change to tnetw12511

Last edited by jammerjamming; 10-11-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerjamming View Post
i dont have private interface in my reg, is there something else i should be looking for? i see btpan1 just under comm itself im assuming thats what i change to tnetw12511
Okay, maybe i should give my directions as i had a few problems doing this my self

whatever you changed to tnetw12511, change it back to btpan1

FIRST, BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY, I WILL EXPLAIN WHY LATER

now, internet sharing is kinda weird, and it doesnt allow for you to connect to the net on its own, so start up pie and get an active connection

once you get that connection going, go back into IS connect to the bluetooth share

now once you have a full connect to bluetooth share, go into the registry and youll see btpan1 in the connection sharing directory, you want to change that key, from what i read, you changed the folder name of something else

now go ahead and turn on your wifi (im assuming youve already set up that adhoc network)

That should be it

Lastly, whenever you actually restart your device, you may get an error code 67 when trying to connect to the net, or atleast i got one, i restored my device registry and it fixed the problem
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jammerjamming is a n00b
ok...also...what do u use for the reg backup? i need one before i begin...

edit: ok...now i found it...yeeesh..lol took me forever

Last edited by jammerjamming; 10-11-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jammerjamming is a n00b
now...do i have to do the reg edit everytime i want to do the wifi....seems a bit inconvenient to have to do all the time
Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerjamming View Post
now...do i have to do the reg edit everytime i want to do the wifi....seems a bit inconvenient to have to do all the time
yeah, you have to do the reg edit everytime you want to connect/reconnect

the guy on the xda link made a .dll file thats supposed to automatically make that reg fill fix it self but its not made for the mogul, and it takes a lot to actually use it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan