PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM requests...

Ok, so for us Mogul owners, so far we have:
1)The Alltel full OS
2)ImCokeMan's Alltel core only (leaves sprint stuff alone)
3)Colonel's modded hybrid with tons of customizations including splash screens.

The Alltel full OS is, well, for Alltel. ImCokeMan's at least leaves the radio and most of the sprint specific stuff intact for us, but loses some of the included apps, such as Java.

Colonel's is the closest thing to a custom ROM we have, which combines the Sprint OEM and adds some more custom stuff to the Alltel OS core.
This would seem to be the best of both worlds.... BUT, some of us (myself included) find it daunting to take out all of the custom stuff and make it work the way we're used to!
(IE button opens an expired trial of PIE plus, WK task, every custom that rainbow battery icon, purple custom splash screens, skips initial screen alignment and time zone config which needs to be done manually... The biggest problem is that until you play with it, you have no idea what Colonel has done to it, so you don't know what to expect next)

Personally (and I know I'm not alone in this), I'm looking for a basic ROM with minimal add ons (the touch dialer and comm mananger are cool, but pre-installed apps should be avoided). Anyone think they can help the Mogul community with this?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
With the rumors of a new Sprint ROM being released this month, I think many will wait before creating new ROMs in case anything good comes in it.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Yeah im going to wait on any roms till after the new one comes out...

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Agreed. Also, the custom ROMs that are being built are more for the one who is cooking. It won't be until we have a full kitchen that the customization will be at a level that most users will prefer.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Krusty_47 is a n00b
I would really like to see a more stable version of the threaded sms even if it's not palm but something similar would be nice. Bluetooth working properly. mms built in. If someone could find a way to do rules for outlook that would be great. A good im client built in. Also if someone could figure out the gps that would be awesome. I know it's available to use it just needs to be opened up. I'm sure with all these really smart people we can get that figured out.

I'm sure I could think of a lot more but this is good for now.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_47 View Post
I would really like to see a more stable version of the threaded sms even if it's not palm but something similar would be nice. Bluetooth working properly. mms built in. If someone could find a way to do rules for outlook that would be great. A good im client built in. Also if someone could figure out the gps that would be awesome. I know it's available to use it just needs to be opened up. I'm sure with all these really smart people we can get that figured out.

I'm sure I could think of a lot more but this is good for now.
Wow, that's more like a wishlist.
When I started this thread, I meant to request for stuff that's totally possible already. What I'm asking for is sort of a balance in between ROMs that are already available, and I know it can be done easily if someone had the time.

I'm new to rom cooking, so I can't do anything yet, otherwise I would.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Well in that case, like the old saying "Beggars can't be choosers"....
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
...applies greatly in this situation.

I like the wishlist. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that all of those are high on each Mogul's wishlist, but the truth of the matter is we are really looking for 3 things:

1. Better RAM management
2. Stable bluetooth
3. Voice Command Fix (this doesn't aplly to most everyone, but I sure do mish VC...)

I'm sure people can add to this list, but this is what I would put as a ROM request...and this is something that should come from Sprint/HTC as standard!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan