PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM5 Alltel ROM is corrupt?

I just flashed the WM5 Alltel ROM and it gave me Error 270, saying the ROM is corrupt and to check the update utility... I exited bootloader via the Titan exit bootloader utility and soft reset the phone and it works... but ceipui.exe can not be executed.

I'm going to try the TNZ ROM and see if it works but I'm just curious if anyone has gotten this to work. I'll keep tweaking as I always do
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I just flashed the WM5 Alltel ROM and it gave me Error 270, saying the ROM is corrupt and to check the update utility... I exited bootloader via the Titan exit bootloader utility and soft reset the phone and it works... but ceipui.exe can not be executed.

I'm going to try the TNZ ROM and see if it works but I'm just curious if anyone has gotten this to work. I'll keep tweaking as I always do

The error 270 comes with every custom made so far which is why we aren't widely publicizing the customs or the tools, but did you see any other problems? I didnt' know that program was even in the wm5... stupid MS feedback bubble
Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Well, I figured it out. It did a half-assed flash.

I went into the programs menu and found that not only had it not removed the only custom program I had (Oxios), it installed a second WMP icon and a number of other glitches.

I decided to hard-reset it again and I'm left with a fully-working WM5 ROM with 28MB of RAM available, 155MB storage.

Of note though, when I flashed the barebones Alltel WM6 .nbh you have in the FTP, I did not get error 270.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan