PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Wont stay asleep?

Anyone else have the issue where the mogul wont stay asleep (whatever it does when i click the power button)... It goes to sleep, and when i get an alert of some sort, or things like that... its in my holster with the screen on, killing the battery...

Does anyone else have this issue, that i believe i described like shit, but i'm hungry and bout to run...

Thanks guys!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Anyone else have the issue where the mogul wont stay asleep (whatever it does when i click the power button)... It goes to sleep, and when i get an alert of some sort, or things like that... its in my holster with the screen on, killing the battery...

Does anyone else have this issue, that i believe i described like shit, but i'm hungry and bout to run...

Thanks guys!
yes, welcome to windows mobile

that's always been an issue with wm devices...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
yes, welcome to windows mobile

that's always been an issue with wm devices...
NO

IT

HASN'T.

I hate it that everyone keeps saying that!!!
I've had PPC's for years, and NONE of them ever did that!
Its an issue with Sprint CDMA Windows Mobile devices... no other WM device that I've ever seen does that!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint tocuh

sldavis is a n00b
Yes I have had problems with my phone not staying asleep in my case it was radio going from EVDO to X1 after upgrading to radio 1.41 it dose not happen as often. It also helped when I upgraded to WM6 rom
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
NO

IT

HASN'T.

I hate it that everyone keeps saying that!!!
I've had PPC's for years, and NONE of them ever did that!
Its an issue with Sprint CDMA Windows Mobile devices... no other WM device that I've ever seen does that!!
You're incorrect.

Its something that happens on GSM too, if you're alternating between 3G and non-3G areas.

For some stupid reason, the OS will sometimes wake the device when dropping from EVDO to 1X.

I forced EVDO off by forcing roaming on my 6700 for a day and I found that my phone stopped doing this as much. Something else was still waking it occassionally... but I was in a fringe EVDO area so my phone was flipping non-stop between standby and being awake. I left it on my desk at work so I could watch it do it... it was at least 4 times an hour that it would pull itself out of standby.

Luckily, Sprint put up a new tower in that area so I don't have to mess with it anymore :P
Old 10-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You're incorrect.

Its something that happens on GSM too, if you're alternating between 3G and non-3G areas.

For some stupid reason, the OS will sometimes wake the device when dropping from EVDO to 1X.

I forced EVDO off by forcing roaming on my 6700 for a day and I found that my phone stopped doing this as much. Something else was still waking it occassionally... but I was in a fringe EVDO area so my phone was flipping non-stop between standby and being awake. I left it on my desk at work so I could watch it do it... it was at least 4 times an hour that it would pull itself out of standby.

Luckily, Sprint put up a new tower in that area so I don't have to mess with it anymore :P
I'm not incorrect... I said none of my GSM phones ever did that, nor have I seen one that does. This is correct. My phones never "woke" themselves.
Perhaps there are some 3G GSM phones that do, but since I was on T-mobile (who still doesn't have 3G) this may be a moot point.

Thanks for the insight, apparently this is a 3G problem!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9583
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
why isnt there a program to fix this or a notification in sounds & notifications that can be used to silence the notification?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan