PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
.cab to fix BT on mogul rom!! ...NOT!!!!

I've seen a lot of people on this board asking why there isn't a .cab installation fix for sprint's notorious bluetooth bug. After all, the latest Alltel rom apparently has fixed this issue along with the keyboard bug, and someone has already created a .cab standalone install file to update and fix the keyboard. So why isn't the BT bug fix also available as a cab file??

Just to clarify- the bug being discussed causes the quality of a conversation with a BT headset to deteriorate over a span of time, sometimes after only a min or two.

The keyboard bug was that all keys produced their ALT values instead of the regular characters when using certain .net applications (windows live search, etc). This is a simple fix from a developers point of view, and all that was needed is a patch to replace how the framework maps the keypad.

Now, that being said, its not necessarily possible to create a .cab installation that can fix the bluetooth bug!!!

The bluetooth problem seems to be much more deep-seeded than patching the framework files. Simply changing some .dlls or registry values or even the entire BT stack might not actually reach the source of the problem. Some of us have noticed that the stock wired stereo headset also sometimes exhibits the loss-of-quality-over-time problem on phone calls, so it may not have anything to do with BT at all, but rather the audio routing of the operating system!!

In any event, this appears to be a problem that can be addressed by an OS update, but you really shouldn't keep your fingers crossed for a .cab fix, because even if one exists, it will probably not be very reliable.
Think of it this way: Would you expect there to be a .cab file that turns WM5 into WM6? If you wanted WM6's fancy icons, voip, working a2dp, html email, etc... would you complain about the lack of .cab installations for all these things, or at some point would you just accept that if you want certain updates/fixes, its time to install a new operating system?

::end of rant::
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

betulike2know is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to betulike2know Send a message via Skype™ to betulike2know
Thanks for the insight on the subject ... all we can do is ask
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

gjohnsonxx is a n00b
Blue tooth worked

I updated my mogul with the sprint store firmware update and it stopped connecting to the internet. I took it to a sprint store and told them the problem and also said that bluetooth didn't work. They decided to replace it because of the bluetooth issue. Got the new phone yesterday. Bluetoothseems to work. I noticed that the model that I now have is hardware version 00003.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan