PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wheelsun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick question about my Mogul and the backlight..

It seems that if I leave my Mogul idle for a while, the backlight will dim automatically. But a few seconds later, it just lights up by itself making me think I have a new email/text message/etc. but I didn't even touch it Is there a setting to make this stop? I have made sure I have nothing running at all

Sorry of its been answered, I don't know what terms to search for when it comes to this problem

Last edited by wheelsun; 09-28-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
Mogul backlight randomly turns on while device locked

I think this has to do with the cell signal. I locked mine on EVDO and the backlight didnt turn on randomly at all for over an hour, but then I couldnt get calls because sprint doesnt do voice over evdo yet. I havent tried locking it to 1x only. I also notice every time it does this the signal level is low or is on 1x instead of EVDO. I also have confirmed that MANY other people have this issue as well.

I cant find a fix for it yet. I assume its some sort of notification that your cell signal changed or something like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Alives; 10-07-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
This has been discussed a couple of times in the past. If your phone goes back in and out of roaming it will also make the backlight come on each time it does it. It's just the way they designed it...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
Its not going into roaming though. Roaming puts the triangle in the systray correct? This is just cell service changes I think. Is there an app that disables this backlight problem? When I'm at home my backlight turns on once every 5-10 minutes or so and its draining the battery/really annoying...
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
I'm having the same problem - every time the phone switches from 1x to EVDO, the backlight comes on. No wonder so many of us are having problems with battery life.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
I just locked the phone in CDMA (1x) mode and the backlight turned on about once every minute or two... it was unbearable. What can be done?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yet Another Backlight Topic

this has already been confirmed to not be an issue of roaming or data switching, this is simply a windows mobile is too stupid to stay off problem

sometimes i will be sitting in room with a great connection and my phone on the desk, it will simply wake up for no reason, it must be a os problem
Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Lurker

Alives is a n00b
I read through every topic in the Titan forum and didnt see backlight posts... Can you link me to some of them?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Yet Another Backlight Topic

this has already been confirmed to not be an issue of roaming or data switching, this is simply a windows mobile is too stupid to stay off problem

sometimes i will be sitting in room with a great connection and my phone on the desk, it will simply wake up for no reason, it must be a os problem
I'd like to see ONE PLACE that confirms anything of the sort. You seem to be so sure of yourself... yet, I can assure that this is NOT an OS problem.
This is a Sprint Radio issue. None of my GSM Windows Mobile phones EVER had a problem like this. WinMo is actually very good, but I've seen this happen on Sprint's devices before (some people claimed it happened on the 6700 as well, however I personally never owned one).

I used to experience the random device-wake-up on my mogul in my office, where the device seemed to have trouble figuring out which tower to connect to (weak sprint signal, strong roaming VZ signal). This was very frustrating to me since the last 4 HTC devices I owned never gave me a problem (Tornado, T-mo SDA, Dash, Wizard).

I found that if I were to force the phone into roaming in that weak area, the device would stay off as intended. This is indeed very annoying, but its a good temporary fix. When I leave the office I put the phone back into automatic as intended.

I wrote a little MortScript and posted it on XDA-developers that will switch between roaming and automatic for you.

Just to clarify again: Its a SPRINT issue, and not a Windows Mobile one!!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
No way, this is absolutly a Network issue. Back when I was on Long Island, my phones backlight would come on CONSTANTLY. My guess as to why it was doing this was because my house is on a NID border. Everytime the phone switched NIDS, the backlight would pop on. Now here in Buffalo where NIDs arent a problem, the backlight NEVER comes on by itself, not once. This has to be a localized network issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan