PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: 6700 or 6800, which is better?
6700 22 17.19%
6800 106 82.81%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 or 6800? Which do you like better?

This was posted in the Apache forum already but I'm curious what we'll see here too.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
I really miss my 6700. A LOT. Like evrytime I make a phonecall.

But what I don't miss is the form factor. I played with a 6700 for the first time since I got my Mgul and it feels like an out dated heavy machine.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Why do you miss it so much?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
I never played with a 6700, but I imagine it's better than a 6800 in most scenarios. When I first got my Mogul, I loved it more and more every day. Now, the longer I have it, I hate it more and more every day. I can't wait until we get some kitchens around here and make this piece of junk useful.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

It blows my mind how both the 6700 and the 6800 have so many proponents AND opponents at the same time.

I personally loved my 6700 out of the box, even without custom ROMs and yet I heard so many people complaining all the time about how much they hated it.

Now it seems to be the same story with the Mogul. I wonder if HTC ever gets anything that gets an overwhelming majority of people to fall in love with it...
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
I am quite fond of my Mogul thank you very much!

Seriously though... people are upset because as it stands now, there is not much one can do to customize the device to their standards. The 6700, at least in that aspect, has an exceptional advantage over the Mogul. On a hardware viewpoint though, the Mogul really does come out on top in most scenarios.

Also, we must keep in mind that we haven't even hit AKU 1.0 yet of the WM6 software! Its still a baby folks! Nothing is perfect when it first released... I mean, even Windows XP was frowned upon... until SP1 released. Then folks said - Okay, its starting to look good. Then SP2 came out, and its basically as strong as its ever been! Now with SP3 on the horizon, theres no telling what to expect from it. We now have the means and the ways to adapt this device with newer AKU's as they come out, even if Sprint decides to shut us out on them. As long as there are communities like this and XDA, there is no limit to how good things could get.

All I am saying is wait a bit... things will mature, and way more people will be like.. Apache?? WTF?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

I figured that people were mostly upset about the lack of custom ROMs. And I agree with you totally. Hell, custom ROMs on the Mogul are progressing a WHOLE lot faster than they did with the 6700 from what I've heard.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:37 AM
o_O
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom NZ

o_O is a n00b
I loved my 6700, and I still miss it from time to time but a few things about it used to annoy me. The keyboard was awkward to slide out; the keys became less responsive with use; I hate aerials, etc.

The 6800 seems to have ironed out most of those issues, and though my carrier has no plans to release WM6, a hacked Alltel ROM is working perfectly and more responsively and is more stable than I could ever get WM6 on my 6700.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
As of 2 nights ago, I started to like my Mogul all over again; but I am no where near in love with it.

I would never did like the size of the 67; so the 68 beats that big time for me. Until I did the Alltel rom, my 68 was slower than a snail which was the main reason I had become disnterested with it.

Currently it is quite snappy. Now I just need my BT to function properly.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:42 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
This is kind of an apples or oranges question to me.

IMO (not facts of course, just my opinion)
- The 6800 out of box is much better than 6700 out of box.
- The 6800 out of box not as good (for me, due to BT) as heavily tweaked 6700
- The 6800 form factor MUCH better than 6700 (Sprint versions)
- 6800 SW issues will be fixed soon by hacker community (and not Sprint or HTC first)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan