PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 02:37 PM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

iZm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OnDemand Missing from Programs...

I can navigate to the HandMark\OnDemand folder and open OnDemand that way. However, when I go to Start>Program Files ... it is not there. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have re-installed and soft reset.

Much Luv,
iZm
Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Same here I have been doing some flashing lately and went back to the sprint rom. I loaded on demand again but on shortcut, what gives?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

soul88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to soul88 Send a message via MSN to soul88 Send a message via Yahoo to soul88
Same problem here guys. I went into my file explorer and found the ondemand file and created a shortcut. Now I have the icon in Programs and it has not disappeared.

File Explorer > Program Files > Handmark > On Demand > "Page One" file ( Do not choose the page one with the underscore in front, if you scroll down you will see another page one.) Click and hold until your sub menu pops up and "Copy".

Create a shortcut in the File Explorer > Windows > Start Menu File and you will have one in the startup screen that SHOULD not go away.

I also created a shortcut in the Program Files folder just in case. The step above should fix the issue.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iZm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul88 View Post
Same problem here guys. I went into my file explorer and found the ondemand file and created a shortcut. Now I have the icon in Programs and it has not disappeared.

File Explorer > Program Files > Handmark > On Demand > "Page One" file ( Do not choose the page one with the underscore in front, if you scroll down you will see another page one.) Click and hold until your sub menu pops up and "Copy".

Create a shortcut in the File Explorer > Windows > Start Menu File and you will have one in the startup screen that SHOULD not go away.

I also created a shortcut in the Program Files folder just in case. The step above should fix the issue.
Soul88:
It worked like a charm. I pasted straight into the Program Files folder. I wanted to add it to my favorite programs. I appreciate your help. Rep added!

Much Luv,
iZm

Last edited by iZm; 10-07-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: rep added
Old 10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Somehow, I ended up with 2 shortcuts in my start menu. Also, what is the point of this on demand program? Is there anything special it does, or is it just as crappy as it appears to be?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iZm is a n00b
Baffles:
OnDemand has some half decent free features. It also has some good features that you can pay for. There is a help button that can answer some of your questions within the program itself. Sprint.com also has more info available.

Much Luv,
iZm
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

soul88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to soul88 Send a message via MSN to soul88 Send a message via Yahoo to soul88
i use it mostly when i got rid of my nfl mobile... up to date scores and info for all my Hockey and Football games... it also can do immediate stocks and weather updates... 411... directions etc... (thats all the free stuff)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan