PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   help with Comm Manager and AE Button Plus (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9505)

psywzrd 10-05-2007 10:49 AM

help with Comm Manager and AE Button Plus

I just purchased and installed AE Button Plus and I'm having a couple problems. First, I want to set the Comm Manager button to go to the Comm Manager on a single press and to toggle Bluetooth on and off with a long press. I have the long press working but I can't seem to map the single press to the Comm Manager app. When I go through the process of trying to map it, I select the "Run Application" option but I can't seem to locate the Comm Manager app as the app to run. I know that the Comm Manager is located within the Windows directory but I can't see it via AE when I try to select it as the app (I even unchecked the "Hidden" attribute of the appropriate lnk file). I also tried copying it to Windows/Start Menu/Programs to see if I could select it via AE and I can't see it there either. Can anyone help?
Also, I'm trying to map the Green call button to dial my voicemail upon a long press but I can't figure that out either. Any help is appreciated!

Darkness231 10-05-2007 11:02 AM

should just be
/windows/CommManager.exe
But all you need to do is on single press select #49 which is button 3

psywzrd 10-05-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 96989)
should just be
/windows/CommManager.exe

I agree but I can't even locate that file within AE so I can't select it as the app to run. The closest thing I see is connmgr.exe and I don't even know what that is. I even tried selecting it as the app to run upon single press but nothing happens. I'm thinking the problem could be that the CommManager.exe file is a hidden file and maybe that's why I can't see it within AE. I've tried to "unhide" it via Resco but the setting won't stick.

Darkness231 10-05-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psywzrd (Post 96991)
I agree but I can't even locate that file within AE so I can't select it as the app to run. The closest thing I see is connmgr.exe and I don't even know what that is. I even tried selecting it as the app to run upon single press but nothing happens. I'm thinking the problem could be that the CommManager.exe file is a hidden file and maybe that's why I can't see it within AE. I've tried to "unhide" it via Resco but the setting won't stick.

Did you try

psywzrd 10-05-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 96995)
Did you try

Can you please clarify? What's #49 and where do I select that?

Darkness231 10-05-2007 11:32 AM

Open AE Button Plus
Click on Button 3
Click on the bottom gray part where it show the functions
You should have 3 drop down boxes
1st one should be set to Handle by AEBPlus
2nd one should be set to Single Press
3rd one has 1. none, 2. run app. etc.
set the third one to item 49.Button 3
Click OK
Click File
Click save and exit

psywzrd 10-05-2007 12:04 PM

Thank you! I didn't realize you could do it like that. Learn something new every day.

How about the voicemail thing? Is there a way to have a long press of the Green dial hard key call my voicemail?

Darkness231 10-05-2007 12:20 PM

I haven't had any luck with that. I would also like to know, because I would like to assign a speed dial to a hard key.
I was thinking that you could do it with Mortscript, but I havent found a way

stroths 10-05-2007 12:58 PM

Took this from an XDA thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrianj (Post 1524946)
I use Vijay555.com's VJDailer and a 2 line .mscr Script:

Number="##########"
Run("\Program Files\vijay555\VJDialer.exe",&Number)

--Of Course Replace the ### with the number you want

Using cprog.exe does work, but it will prompt to check the number which is kinda annoying. To use cprog.exe It would look like this:

Number="########## "
param="-n -url tel:" & &last
Run("cprog.exe",&param)

Good Luck.

You could do this and assign the long press of the green dial button.

1999TL 10-05-2007 01:27 PM

I've been wondering how to get my comm manager button back. DOH, should have figured that out. I use mine for device lock and toggling bt. now I can use it for comm manager again. THANKS.