PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

erick10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint 6900 succesor of 6800/mogul

how long do u think sprint will take to come out with the htc 6900? i know the mogul just came out about 4 months ago but we know that at&t/cingular only took abot 1year to bring out the successor of the 8525 which is the 8925/tilt......nice phone but fd ^ network......it took almost 2 years for sprint to come out with the successor of the 6700 which is now the mogul/6800.........i hope it doesnt take mor than 1 year and a half.........i hope the 6900 come with wimax, 3.2 megapixel cam.......and a vga screen......oh yeah lighter, and skinnyer,..............and 256 of ram and 128megs of rom or more.....hope i goit it right with the rom and ram since i get confused with both

Maybe sprint will comeout with the 6900 whil verizon will barely be coming with the 6800 lol....there slow
Old 11-11-2007, 02:40 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Er...technically, the 6900 is already out. It's called the Touch.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erick10 is a n00b
oh god

never noticed that the touch was the 6900.........but it aint the successor of the mogul right?i really dont like the touch as the succesor.........i would like somthin with a qwerty keyboard........not a toch screen keyboard
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 AM
Lurker

Fenias is a n00b
I wouldn't call the Touch a successor to the 6600/6700/6800 slider series. It's more of a line unto itself or more correctly a quick attempt by HTC to counter the release of the iPhone. I would imagine that a "6900" would be something like a CDMA Tilt. I wouldn't count on seeing a successor device for quite a while though. Sprint and Verizon don't seem to like carrying a large variety of PPC devices at once.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erick10 is a n00b
yup you r totally right

i dont consider the touch as a successor of the mogul......its more like competition 4 the iphone.........i would really like to see a 6900 in no more than a year like at&t did with the 8525..........i also hope that tmobile comes out with the successor of the wing thou ive been hearing that there gonna come out with the tytn 2 in january when they roll out there 3g......i have a wing right know and love it but slow @ times and if tmobile and at&T both have the tilt and verizonwireless and sprint have the 6800 its really goin 2 suck cuz the tilt is a more powerfull phone than the 6800
Old 11-11-2007, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started
the touch is the 6900, according to the sprint store
Old 11-11-2007, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erick10 is a n00b
6900?????

then what are they gonna call the real successor of the mogul...........there probaly going to change a differnet line of phone
Old 11-11-2007, 05:36 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenias View Post
I wouldn't call the Touch a successor to the 6600/6700/6800 slider series. It's more of a line unto itself or more correctly a quick attempt by HTC to counter the release of the iPhone. I would imagine that a "6900" would be something like a CDMA Tilt. I wouldn't count on seeing a successor device for quite a while though. Sprint and Verizon don't seem to like carrying a large variety of PPC devices at once.
I *REALLY* wish people would get their facts straight.

HTC was working on the Touch BEFORE Apple launched the iPhone... its not meant to be an iPhone competitor and it never was.

Also, the 6900 IS the Touch. The Touch is also a huge upgrade from the Mogul, even WITHOUT the hardware keyboard. I won't go into the details here but the hardware inside is much better, its slimmer, faster, and it has a better screen to boot.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The touch is a different line than the Mogul and you can't really consider it an upgrade or downgrade from the Mogul as its intended for a different market.

The cpu and chipset are the same as the mogul and this makes some of the hardware specific drivers compatible with the mogul's hardware (i.e. bluetooth drivers). The Touch has twice the RAM as the Mogul as well. However, it also lacks the wi-fi, hardware keyboard and flash/flashlight that the Mogul has.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:05 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Although I agree that the Touch is a different line from the Mogul, the Touch is considered the 6900 as the launchpad site on the Touch's PIE shows it this way and it is identified as such on Sprint's system.

When I called to activate the rep asked me if my new phone was a 6900, not a Touch, when I have him the ESN.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan