PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
playing short vid clips

if this is the right forum for the mogul 6800, i have a question about playing small vid clips sent through text pic services. right out of the box as im sure your aware, you cant send a pic through text messges but theres a proggie on this site that will let you. i have that and it works fine. now, a simular issue that maybe theres a work for. on my other phone, the motorola I870--nextel/sprint which i had before this one, you could receive small video like clips in a text message. im not sure what the files are called, but they are like little videos that last about 10-15 secs that play over in a loop, over and over. it could be anything from a cartoon thing, to people doing activities, etc. however on this phone, the mogul, the email comes through which takes me to a sprint website to view the content, but instead of the clip playing, its just a still pic.
so is there a program that you can get which will let the clips play once you receive it?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
you must be talking about gifs, if it is looped images. you should be able to DL it to the device and see it.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MogulUser2 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
you must be talking about gifs, if it is looped images. you should be able to DL it to the device and see it.
nope, it wont let me download it to the device. what happens is, i get a link to a sprint website that says 'click to view media" and when i do, all that shows is like a still frame or a pic of what the vid contains. no movement at all. the sounds that come along with it plays, but no video movement. any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Have you tried viewing the site in Opera?

I've found that PIE doesn't handle Sprint's picture mail service very well... maybe its the same for video?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

MogulUser2 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Have you tried viewing the site in Opera?

I've found that PIE doesn't handle Sprint's picture mail service very well... maybe its the same for video?
opera? lol, other than the singing in concert halls, i have no idea what that is
i was hoping there was a proggie that will play the looping vids on the phone itself without going to a site to see it, since its sent to the phone via text msg, i would want it there.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I've never gotten video or pictures to come through the phone directly. Its always been an online interface.

Opera is a different web browser. http://www.opera.com/mobile

If you get the version for WM5/6 Pro/Classic, it comes with a 30-day trial and works a lot better than PIE for most things.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul/Titan/ppc6800

hunterdg is a n00b
once you get the text message with the link click it, then find the "save to phone" link on the site.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MogulUser2 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdg View Post
once you get the text message with the link click it, then find the "save to phone" link on the site.
yes, thats what i do hunter, i click save to phone but whats saved is just a still pic, a frame of the looping vid with no movement.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

o0steveo0o is a n00b
Install Opera Mobile and open the .gif in that. You could also try installing PIE Plus. This adds more features to Pocket IE, well worth a look. http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/ just install the WM5 version if your running WM6, seems to run fine on mine.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogulUser2 View Post
yes, thats what i do hunter, i click save to phone but whats saved is just a still pic, a frame of the looping vid with no movement.
Yeah you are talkin about animated GIFs and Sprint wont let us view them properly. U can go to a website and download your own(and they will work on your Mogul) and when you send them to other ppl they will work for them, but when they are sent to u, if you are a Sprint customer using a Mogul, u/we are screwed.(that was some kind of run on sentence huh!!!) Just accept it and move on. Sorry, but i say this after weeks of frustration receiving gifs from friends on Verizon, Qwest, Cingular and T-Mobile Customers. THEY WONT WORK ON A SPRINT MOGUL...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan