PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Lurker

russ10s is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Birthdays from Contacts into Calendar?

Just wondering if there is any way to have the birthday entry from your contacts appear in your calendar? I've checked all over these forums and other sites to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
i just got the phone today, and synced it with outlook. my girlfriends birthday was monday, and it shows up. of course, i put it into outlook so that i wouldn't forget it. so..maybe you have to put it into outlook also, then just set it up as an annual recurrence, lol
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started
hmm pocketbreeze does that. although it shows it twice for some reason, one as a special event and as an all day event. guess I gotta play around in the options
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mine does it automatically based on the birthday field for the contact in Outlook. I use 2007. If 2007 isn't doing it, then maybe Inesoft Address Book is.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ10s View Post
Just wondering if there is any way to have the birthday entry from your contacts appear in your calendar? I've checked all over these forums and other sites to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Mine does it automatically based on the birthday field for the contact in Outlook. I use 2007. If 2007 isn't doing it, then maybe Inesoft Address Book is.
The birthday must be entered into the contact information for the all day event to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
hmm pocketbreeze does that. although it shows it twice for some reason, one as a special event and as an all day event. guess I gotta play around in the options
It shows twice as Outlook automatically adds an all day appointment and PB reads the contacts birthday and displays it.

There are 2 ways to only show one:

1. In PB Settings > Calendar, uncheck "Include special events on Calendar Tab".
2. In Outlook, delete all of the all day birthday appointments.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Pocket Informant also does that for you. And Pocket Informant is the best Contact Management software out there - that's just my opinion

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan