PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Spring

lindanut is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan Keyboard issues

Hi, I have been having trouble getting a replacement Mogul with a working keyboard. The last 4 phones that Sprint has ordered for me have had the same issue: keys either duplicate when pressed or don't respond. It makes the keyboard useless.

The Sprint store tells me that I will not find a Mogul with a working keyboard. They all fail, they say.

They finally 'confessed' that the issue is software related, not hardware. They told me that if I flash a ROM from this site, my problem will be solved.

I tried 4 diff ROMs over the weekend and didn't get any relief from any of them. One of the ones that I tried was Matt's 23081 build.

BTW, thank you everyone for creating these ROMs and tools!

Does anyone know about this problem? Is it really a software issue or should I keep asking Sprint to reorder the phone till I get one that works? If it is a software issue, how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Linda
Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Titan Keyboard issues

They lied it is hardware problem. It isn't software related. The keyboards are on there way out when they start to repeat.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

its all hardware. The mogul keyboards generally suck. Mine actually lasted about a year before it started failing. Right before I got my TP2, it was bad enough that most of the right side didnt work, and the green talk button on the front was totally dead.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just keep asking for a workign replacement or if they can't give you a wokring one demand an upgrade.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

i went through the same issues.. these two things helped a lot. not perfect, but close. i still have to press a bit harder on my n key..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=keyboard

post 8. helps..

you will have to read through it a bit to understand..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=398871&page=4

this is page 4 where the product is mentioned.. but read and learn, start at the beginning..

product is Caig Pro Gold. you can get it at radio shack.. it is not cheap, but it does fix the problem..

and yes it took me a while to find this stuff again!

beers
Old 10-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Mr. Chevy

Or just get a new phone replacement phone and not worry about fixes that work temporarily.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

swollenostrich is a n00b

I just returned from my local Sprint store today with a replacement for a Mogul with the keyboard issues. That phone was a replacement for the original one I purchased a few years back that developed the problem. The phone I just replaced today (the first replacement from about a year ago) had the keyboard issue right out of the gate, but since I rarely used the keyboard anyway, I dealt with it - I was getting an exchange for other reasons I don't recall at the moment.

But now, I would really like to be able to use the keyboard, as I have been texting and emailing a great deal more than I ever have in the last few months. So, I decided to see about getting a replacement. Before I left the store today with my new replacement, I told the store clerk that I wanted to test it first. Guess what... it has the same problems!

They had one of their technicians fart around on it, and I can't imagine what the hell he was doing. He would fiddle with it, hand it back to me to try, and I would hand it back to him with the same results. This went on for about 20 minutes before he gave up and said that he would order another replacement tomorrow. I wonder how many times I am going to have to go through this before they realize that they will probably have to upgrade my phone.

Speaking of which - what is the general procedure of this? Am I better off calling Sprint directly and working my way up to management to get something done? Or will the Sprint store actually be proactive and upgrade it at no cost? I mean, I've paid over $300 in insurance on this phone since I originally bought it, and it has more or less never worked right.

If they upgrade, what would they upgrade to? I read somewhere that they were offering the HTC Snap in some areas as a replacement - but that is hardly comparable with a smaller screen which isn't even a touch screen. I would think that logically, a Touch PRO would be the next of kin - though I would even settle for a Touch Diamond if the onscreen keyboard works well. Unfortunately, my local Sprint store does not carry the Touch phones anymore, so I don't know if that upgrade would logically occur to them.

Over the years, I've tried every fix/tweak to get the slide-out keyboard to work, and have been running custom ROMS of various varieties as well, all to no avail. I am absolutely, positively convinced that it is definitely a hardware issue.

Well, good luck to the original poster of this thread. Let us know how it goes. I will report back as well as to my progress once some occurs!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

wish i had a warranty on mine, works fine. just lost the keyboard backlight..

beers
Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Mr. Chevy

why dont people buy insurance on expensive phone. It gives you a free replacement and sometimes upgrade if they can't fix your problems.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yep, as others have said, its hardware related, I had the issue with my last one. They finally sent me another NEW one and I no longer have the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
keyboard, rom