PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Mach30SiR is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alarm Tones

First, the obligatory nOOb disclaimer.

Anyways, I've searched and couldn't find the answer. I, like many, use my phone as my sole means of waking up in the morning. The preinstalled alarms are WEAK and don't repeat quickly, there's a 1 pause it seems like at times. I've tried placing a .mp3 in the windows directory (since that seems to be the location of the default tones) but it wasn't selectable from the list of alarms.

Any help on this as in how to wake up to an .mp3 or new program. I'm on the latest ROM and haven't run into any problems with it not going off with it asleep (I think)

Thanks a push in the right direction.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Lurker

jinkle is a n00b
I wouldn't rely on the phone, they're known to miss alarms frequently
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have not had any problems with the alarms not going off, but i also have my phone set to not go into sleep mode if plugged in. I noticed that MP3's cant be used for the alarm. What i did to get around this was start playing a custom MP3 ringtone. and then use the record function on the phone to record it as it plays, as long as the volume is not too high while you're playing it the WAV created will sound fine. just take that wav and drop it in the windows folder and it will be on the list for alarm tones.
________
Almma live

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Lurker

habib0712 is a n00b
You can convert an MP3 to a WAV with ease on a PC also.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I know, but i didnt want to have to hook up to the PC, and it actually sounded just as good the way i did it, and was very quick. But if you would rather go the way of converting to a Wav file on the PC there are alot of free programs that would do a good jub at this. I used Audacity and never had any problems. and to the OP, if you have the HTC audio manager on your mogul you can also create ringtones on the phone as well
________
MisteriousMilf live

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul
Threadstarter

Mach30SiR is a n00b
ok thanks. so they have to be .wav files huh?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

difelmar is a n00b
If U Want To Use An Mp3 As A Alarm U Have To Convert It Into A Wav And Move The File On The Folder Windows, Then You Have Your Music Like Alarms And For Sms Reminders, Etc.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Thumbs up A lil helping hand..

A easy program to use is on your PC is the sound recorder in Accessories/Entertainment.. This will help you chop up you wav files, it's easy and helps your ringtones, alarms etc, to be short or as long as you like.. Well enjoy your tunes.
P.s.
don't compress the file to much cause they will sound horrible just make it atleast 15 to 20 seconds and under 8mb audio size 16 bit, channels 2(stereo) and 44khz.. Be Safe

Donations (show love for my work)
Old 09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

denness544 is a n00b
There's a program called AudioManager that can turn your mp3s into ringtones right on your Mogul. No desktop needed. It's also an audio player.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
yup that's for ringtone's tho.. for alarms n notifications as requested it must b wav file and placed into windows directory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan