PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel / Verizo

jonmchugh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life Problem

I think that there is something wrong with my phone. I don't know if it's the battery or not. I keep my phone plugged in all night for the next day. But the battery keeps draining and I'm not even using the phone.

Like today I got to work at 6 am and my phone was at 100%. I left it in my pocket with it in sleep mode and checked it at like 8:45 and the battery was down to 80%. I got off work at 10 am, went to the bank and made one phone call and after I left the bank my phone went from 80% down to 40%. Now is there something wrong with my phone or my battery?

I am using the Windows Mobile 6.1. I do have mobile shell 3.0 running all the time is that why my battery life is so low? I guess I could try running it without Mobile Shell for a while and see if that helps. I make sure and close all of the programs and I have my email set to receive manually.

Any help would be nice.

Also on a side note, my text messages are really laggy. Like I will type a word and it won't show up right away it's like 2 seconds behind.

Thanks for the help, Jon
Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
cagrant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Battery Life Problem

well first off, the titan is a battery hog, most htc's are. for starters make shure wifi did not turn on accidentally , wifi in it self will drain a battery in couple of hours, even in sleep mode. also take it out of you pocket. get a case for it, with it bouncing around in your pocket buttons get pushed , your phone gets turned on and off with out you noticing it. also your battery might be getting old and might need replacing. if your noticing changes in battery life with out much changes in habit , it might be time for a new one.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel / Verizo
Threadstarter

jonmchugh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

oh thanks i removed mobile shell and i don't think that seemed to do anything the battery drained a lot. when the phone is in my pocket i have it on lock and shut the screen off. most of the time i have wifi off but thanks for the tip. If I go to alltel would they be able to test my battery or anything?

jon
Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Also try turning down the backlight brightness. I only set mine to full brightness when I'm outdoors.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan