PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

NeutronicMonkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Problems

I've had my Mogul since early July, and up until a month ago everything was great. I had installed various programs including Slide_2_unlock, Opera, Core Player, Google Maps, and PHM Regedit. Last month while visiting some friends I let my phone's battery go dead for the first time (I didn't have my charger). After I charged it back up, programs ran unbelievably slow and I am still unable to run more than one program at a time (consider Messaging to be a program, along with Contacts, Phone, etc.. and you'll begin to see my gripe). After about a month of uninstalling everything, clearing all memory I can without a hard reset (which I won't do because I have hundreds of contacts, there are no sprint stores within 60 miles, and the phone won't and never has been able to sync to a computer), and trying to deal with the inability to multitask-I'm fed up. Can I get a new phone sent to me under warranty, or will I have to eat my $50 deductible even though the phone has no apparent damage?

Or, do any of you know what could be the matter with my phone? I've tried tweaking the memory, toying with the settings, and all sorts of things.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
You can backup your contacts info without syncing to a computer as long as you have a SD card. Search for PPCPimBackup on XDA forums and that should treat you right. If not, PM me and I'll help you through it.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
Bump for jamesus' response. i don't use activesync anymore since it combined the data from both my mogul and my girlfriend's Q. now my girlfriend's hair appointments wind up on my outlook screen. stick with 3rd party backup software. they do a more thorough job with backing up messages and call logs and such.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Take it to a Sprint Dealer maybe he has a new on in stock, it is a warranty issue not an abuse or loss issue so no deductable during the first year, just backup pim.vol first.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

4 Door Skyline is just getting started
Make a mail2web.com live account (its a free exchange server) and backup all your contacts there (as well as calender, favorites, tasks) and if you want they can even provide you with a .cab file that enters the login info & server address for you (all you have to do is supply your password) And that way you will never have to worry about losing a contact ever again! As soon as you input a new contact on the next sync (within moments) it is uploaded to the server!!

There is a how to around here somewhere (I think its in the Apache forum) just look for Mail2web in a search.

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

NeutronicMonkey is a n00b
Wow.

I think I found out what was causing the horrific slowdown in my phone.

I also didn't mention in my original post that I have been having a STANDBY battery life of approximately 10 hours. If I was going to have a nearly non-functional phone, I sure as hell wasn't going to have one that wouldn't even hold a charge for a day.

The slider in "Power Mode" under the "Wireless Lan" setting was set all the way to "Best Performance." So, on a whim I slid it all the way to "Best Battery," and boom-instant performance increase. I can now run Opera and Coreplayer at the same time with no noticeable slowdown.

Watch out for this if anyone is experiencing a similar issue.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
Glad you found the performance issue. One thing you might want to check for the sync problem is in settings/connections/usb to pc. If the box for enable advanced functions is checked, you will not be able to sync with your pc. If is checked, uncheck it and try to sync. It should work.

Jay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan