PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Metropcs people : Roaming Problem ( Not Authorized ) Fixed!

Hi Guys, I was helping a friend with a phone flashed to Metro with the ESN entered in their system, Right PRL, and all necessary information entered and the phone was still getting the annoying "Welcome to the american roaming network, your phone is not authorized for service " message. I thought that all MDN/ MIN fields should be entered with the 10 digit phone number. WRONG ! Sometimes your MIN is different that your phone number. So he called metropcs customer service asking for help to program his old "nokia" phone that lost programming, and they guided him thru the steps, they gave him his MIN which was something other than his phone number, I put that in the EPST and it worked right away. I did many flashes to metro and I've never seen a different MIN , that was the first time. but that is FYI !

If you are experiencing this issue, try this amd you will be fine.

PS: Thanks to the user winner88 that helped me thru
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker

raidelc is a n00b
Re: Metropcs people : Roaming Problem ( Not Authorized ) Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
Hi Guys, I was helping a friend with a phone flashed to Metro with the ESN entered in their system, Right PRL, and all necessary information entered and the phone was still getting the annoying "Welcome to the american roaming network, your phone is not authorized for service " message. I thought that all MDN/ MIN fields should be entered with the 10 digit phone number. WRONG ! Sometimes your MIN is different that your phone number. So he called metropcs customer service asking for help to program his old "nokia" phone that lost programming, and they guided him thru the steps, they gave him his MIN which was something other than his phone number, I put that in the EPST and it worked right away. I did many flashes to metro and I've never seen a different MIN , that was the first time. but that is FYI !

Hi, i think i have the same problem right now and i would like to know if there is some way to put back the previous settings that the phone had before i changed it... or i must call metropcs to get that information...?
.. if i have to call them what exactly do i need to ask them for?
thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

darjin77 is a n00b

My phone has a different MIN as well because I've been a customer for over 6 years. People with old accounts have different MIN numbers.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker

raidelc is a n00b

can i call metro asking for those numbers just like that?....
Old 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

same thing happened to me while i was flashing a touch pro. the girl gave me the MIN and it worked right away.
this is the same reason mms doesn't work for some ppl
Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: metro

NOCTURNALTAMPA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post

did you mean qpst ? or EPST? im stuck in same situation, i tried editing the pri file in ifile which looks like it sticks but doesnt, i have qpst but not sure how i can configure iphone as a com port to recognize it? please help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan