PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

apollooff320 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can I get my Mogul replaced if I....

I set on my mogul while it was in my back poket and now my screen is black and cracked. I have the replacement plan but I need to know if they will replace it from me doing this?
Oh by the way I have Sprint.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
I set on my mogul while it was in my back poket and now my screen is black and cracked. I have the replacement plan but I need to know if they will replace it from me doing this?
Oh by the way I have Sprint.
If you have the full ($7/mo) insurance, then yes, for $50 deductible.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b
is it a one time replacement? because I do have that plan.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

iZm is a n00b
There are two different types of coverage that you can have. They are the following:

ESRP (Equipment Service & Repair Plan) $4/mth
-This covers any damage to the unit barring physical or liquid damage. Technically, you unit qualifies for a free replacement under this program if you do have this coverage.

ERP (Equipment Replacement Plan) aka Insurance $4/mth
-This replacement plan requires a $50 deductible payment and covers any damage that is repairable by a service technician. You are allowed two claims per 12 month period.

TEP (Total Equipment Protection) $7/mth
-TEP is a package of both ESRP and ERP.

If you are unsure as to what your options are after this description, please take the unit to an Authorized Service Center and let the technician take a look at the unit. I am sure that they will guide you in the right direction. I am a technician in Central Florida. I hope that I was able to help you.

Much Luv,
iZm

Last edited by iZm; 09-15-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: More information provided.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:59 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZm View Post
ESRP (Equipment Service & Repair Plan) $4/mth
-This covers any damage to the unit barring physical or liquid damage. Technically, you unit qualifies for a free replacement under this program if you do have this coverage.
iZm
I'm confused by your response. The OP says" now my screen is black and cracked". You say "barring physical damage". Doesn't 'cracked' constitute 'physical damge'?

TIA
Old 09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
iZm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

iZm is a n00b
I apologize for not specifying "physical or liquid damage" to the unit's main board.

Much Luv,
iZm
Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
he would need the 7 dollar ins..

Will
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
If you have the $7 TEP or $4 ESRP you can get it replaced in the store for free. This is not an insurance claim, this is not physical damage (usually meant to mean damage to the mb).
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 09-15-2007, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b
Well I have the $7 plan. If im with Sero can I still go to a sprint store and try to get it replaced?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
If you have the $7 TEP or $4 ESRP you can get it replaced in the store for free. This is not an insurance claim, this is not physical damage (usually meant to mean damage to the mb).

How is cracked, not considered physical damage? If he takes it to a Sprint store, they are gonna give him the number to Asurion and say have a good day. Cracked screens are not a manufacturers defect, and will be treated as an insurance claim.

You may get lucky though... some Sprint techs aren't the brightest bulbs pulled out of the box (I talk circles around them when I go into the store, just for fun - plus the looks on their faces thrills me ) So hell.. give it the ole college try. Just don't go in expecting a free replacement, because that is highly unlikely to happen in your situation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan